Run Like Hell

You groaned as you started sitting yourself up from the floor, pain shooting through your limbs as the mini-blast of something had knocked you off your feet. You tried to blink and refocus, but everything looked like it was shaking.

Men in dark clothing flooding through the door. The body next to you started moving.

Bucky - Bucky was moving, towards the men.

The enemy.

Alone.

Gritting your teeth, you finally stood as you spotted one of them aiming a gun at your head. You shivered invisible, then rushed to the bag that you had dropped when you fell, ripping it open and grabbing the first gun you could feel.

You shot the bewildered man in the hip, making him double over, and making his little friends start shouting and look around wildly, trying to find the source of the shot.

Slipping along the wall, it was then that you realised there were about 20 of them, and Bucky was fighting off five alone, dodging their bullets effortlessly as they hit the walls around you. You darted amongst the group, smashing another one on his head as you went and making him crumple to the floor. You aimed a shot at another, hitting his arm, or shoulder (you weren't quite sure), and circled round to Bucky.

He might be the world's worst asshole right now, but he was the only one on your side.

You darted through a gap in the men surrounding him, punching one in the face to break up the circle, then grabbed Bucky's arm.

"Come on!" You yelled as he turned to look at you, his murderous expression softening the instance he realised it was you.

"Get to the car!" He shouted back, before dodging a wild swing through the air. The enemies couldn't see us anymore, but they could hear us yelling, so you just aimed the gun at the man who threw the punch, and it hit him square in the chest.

"I said come on, I can't shoot for shit here!" You snapped, sensing someone behind you, and spinning to smash the gun into the guy's face while keeping a hand on Bucky's arm.

All of a sudden, Bucky ripped his arm out of your grip, but before you could scold him for making himself visible again, he wrapped the arm around your stomach and tugged you into him, your feet coming off the ground as you crashed into his body. He wrenched the gun out of your hand, because apparently he had just been using his fists up until now, and started shooting the circle around him.

The men dropped dead one second after the other, then Bucky moved, carrying you with him, shooting round the entire safehouse as the men tried (unsuccessfully) to find him. Then the gun clicked, and you knew that it meant it was empty. He used the barrel to punch one of the guys, and you noticed how he crumpled just like the ones you had punched.

Bucky dropped you to the floor.

"When I tell you to, you run like hell, got it?" He snapped at you, before kicking another guy in the chest who had tried to run up to him after finally seeing where you both were.

"What?!" You replied, before ducking as you sensed someone at your side about to throw something. His fist. You caught his hand, twisted his arm until something cracked, then roundhouse kicked him in the shoulder until he fell back. You turned back to Bucky. "What are you talking about?

He was now rummaging in his bag on the floor, and stood with a few black objects in his hands.

"I shout, you run, got it?" He reiterated, before spinning on his heel and rolling the objects along the floor, each one in a different direction until they either hit the walls or disappeared through the doorways in the other rooms.