Secret Sessions

The next day you decided to take things as easy as possible. You ate, showered, and did some light exercises in your room.

And checked the date and time on your phone every 5 minutes.

You couldn't shake the idea from your head. Four days? You'd really slept for four days? How did that even happen? Sure, the rescue mission and finding out you were a Super Soldier was pretty exhausting. And okay, so you couldn't quite remember having a proper sleep or meal the entire time. But you were a Super Soldier, surely mundane things like sleep and food didn't matter as much anymore? You could power through.

By the time evening came around, you were no less anxious that you had been when Thor dropped the time-bombshell on you. In fact, it felt like your leg was about to fall off the amount it was jiggling as you sat on the edge of your bed.

You wanted to talk to someone about it. About the fact that you were hungry every half an hour. About why you had so much residual energy. Why you felt so amped up all the time.

Why you'd lost time.

There were only a couple of people who had lost time.

One of them was definitely not speaking to you right now. And the other would defend his best friend until the end. The only other people that you could talk to, that vaguely knew what was happening to you, wanted to test you.

Apparently that didn't stop you.

At 1:37am, your energy had reached an all time high, with no end in sight. You found yourself marching down to Tony's lab. You didn't stop until you burst through the doors and found Tony playing with a holographic image of some kind of gun.

"I'm in." You panted.

"In what? A state?" He teased.

"The secret sessions, with you. Bruce. The serum." You took a breath. "I'm in."

"What's brought this on? Suddenly and sweaty?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I lost time. Since we got back. Those four days I...And I just...I need to learn to control it. Please." You added. If Tony was surprised, he never showed it.

"Okay. I'll let Bruce know. It'll have to be middle of the night, everyone else uses the training room until around 1am."

"Yeah. Sure, fine. Whatever." You said quickly.

"And your diet will change. Bruce has already been compiling a meal plan based on your latest bloodwork."

"Great."

"Do I need to take you off missions?" He asked, and this question was the one that surprised you.

"I'm fine."

"This is not fine Rambeau." He retorted. "This is barging into my lab hammering on about losing time and losing control."

"Once you two start training me, I will be fine." You said harshly. "I did the rescue mission basically on my own. I'm more than capable of handling it. I deserve to be treated the same as all of you. If I overdid it at the prison and that made me sleep for 75 hours, I need to know if that's going to be a regular thing, so I don't overdo it again and drop off everytime the team needs me. I just need -"

"To learn how to control it?"

"Exactly."

He studied you for a few seconds.

"Okay." He finally said. "We'll start tomorrow."

There was less punching involved in the secret sessions than you had anticipated. The next night, you'd met Bruce and Tony in the training room at three in the morning, and the second you shut the door behind you, it mechanically clicked, telling you that you were locked in. Tony told you it was to ensure no one unexpected would barge in.