Normal Conversation

It was the hot sunlight on your face that woke you up. You grumbled as you opened your eyes, slowly becoming aware of more and more of your body, the slight ache, and how stiff it was as you tried to turn onto your side. Wait.

Your walls weren't blue.

Looking around, you realised that this was definitely not your room. Then you remembered.

Bucky.

Snapping your head to the side, you saw his bare back as he lay on his stomach in the bed next to you, his head turned on the pillow away from you. The slight movement in his back told you he was breathing slowly.

"Fuck!" You hissed quietly to yourself, covering your face with your hands and taking a deep breath.

Not only did you not ask him a single question you had been determined to ask, you fell into his bed with just a few words exchanged between you. Stupid, stupid Luka. Way to think with your vagina.

You stared at his back as you tried to slip out of the bed. It took you a few minutes, carefully peeling the sheets off of you and stepping silently onto the floor, but when you were finally off the mattress, you all but ran into the bathroom. Grabbing your clothes off the floor, you debated trying to pull them on quickly and just getting the heck out of there, or whether you should just invisibly wander through the compound back to your room naked.

You walked back out into the bedroom before you had made your decision. You froze when you noticed the bed was now empty.

"Hey."

You screamed as you jumped about 10 feet in the air, clothes flying from your arms, spinning around to find Bucky, wearing only his boxers, leaning against his chest of drawers with his arms folded across his chest. He smiled at your reaction.

"Guess that answers my question." He mused. "You were going to sneak out?"

"I...Bucky I- it's not.." You stammered awkwardly, using your hands to cover yourself as he started walking towards you, and held out a handful of material.

"Figured you would want something clean to do the walk of shame in." He said blandly. You took the material, holding it up to see it was a Tshirt, and he wandered back to his bed, sitting on the edge and watching you.

"Thought you'd be too old to know what the walk of shame is." You commented, shoving the Tshirt on and feeling odd about the way it hung loosely over you.

"We had them back in the war, doll, it's not exactly a new thing." He smirked. You nodded, more in acknowledgement of his answer, but made no indication that you were going to leave. "Weren't you in the middle of leaving?"

"Look," You sighed. "This whole 'morning after' thing, it's not really for me, it just makes everything really awkward and stuff, so I'm just gonna..."

You trailed off as you watched him just stare back at you, amusement written all over his face. It made you a little angry that he was enjoying your distress.

"Can you stop that?" You asked.

"Stop what?"

"Looking! Staring! Thinking this is all some kind of fun game."

"I don't think it's a game. But it's definitely fun." He smiled. Then his eyes flicked down your figure. "And I'm enjoying staring."

"Well stop it!" You huffed. He ran his tongue over his bottom lip for a second, his eyes returning to yours. Then he held his hand out.

"Come here." He said quietly. You frowned, not sure how you were supposed to react. He made a 'come here' gesture with his fingers, but you still didn't move. "Please?"