3. Pixies

"Grounded."

"He has classes." Lilith corrected. 

"He needs to know-"

"He could have gotten seriously hurt, a flying car. God, that boy." Lilith paced back and forth. Ser pounce was getting comfortable in Aria's bed while Aria was brushing her teeth. 

"I worry for him." Severus whispered. 

"As do I but he is here now... he needs his rest and to get back into the grove of Hogwarts... no more visits with the Weasley's." Lilith added. 

"Agreed." 

Lilith moved to her husband, wrapping her arms around him. Severus smiled softly as he kissed her. They didnt need any words, they just held each other. Severus felt her heart rate slow as she relaxed. 

☀️

"Morning, everyone." Sprout declared, she tapped the stand to get everyone's attention. "Good morning, everyone." She repeated louder.

"Good morning, Professor Sprout." the class echoed.

"Welcome to Greenhouse 3, Second Year. Now, everyone please, gather around. Today, we're going to repot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" Hermione rose her hand. "Yes, Miss Grander."

"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it." Hermione declared. 

"Excellent, ten points to Gryffindor!" Sprout declared. Draco and Goyle rolled their eyes. Harry nudged him. 

"We are going to win against you again this year." Harry whispered, "Already getting a head start." 

"Cheaters you lot." Draco corrected, nudging him back. 

"Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection, so if you could please put them on right away."

"These dont seem strong enough to protect from anything." Draco objected but he put them on. 

"Quickly, flaps tight down." Sprout went on. "Now, watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly, you pull it sharply up out of the pot." She pulled up a plant, revealing a root that resembles a monstrous screaming baby. Alarmed the kids flinched back.  "Got it? And now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm." Draco glanced across the table to see Neville fall to the floor. "Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs." Sprout tsked. Draco chuckled.

"No, ma'am, he's just fainted." Seamus corrected.

"Yes, well... just leave him there. Right, on we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake and pull it up."

"She's wicked. I thought she was supposed to be in hufflepuff." Draco whispered.

"Hufflepuffs are scary." Harry mused. "Is he alright?"

"I hate Mandrakes, they are ugly little fuckers." Lilith corrected when Harry told them what happened. 

"Little screaming babies." Severus remarked. "We are past those days." 

"Yes." Lilith agreed. Severus kissed her cheek and then neck, she smiled leaning into him, Harry' turned his cheek. "We are embarrassing him with our love!" Lilith realized. 

"No, its fine." harry assured. He liked how in love they were and the thought that they were done having children made him happy, he didnt want to picture his parents having sex because when the topic of babies was brought up, it was hard to keep that image from any childs mind.