5. Ancient Runes

"Hello Im professor Lilith Snape and welcome to Ancient runes."

"Are you married to the other professor snape?"

"I am." Lilith agreed. "And this cutie pie is my son Harry. Hes going to be joining us for some lessons." Harry waved from behind lilith shyly back at the class.

"Shall we just jump right in?" Lilith suggested. She put harry at her desk and he soun around in the chair.

"So can anyone tell me what this is?" Lilith questioned pointing at the chalkboard. She waited as the children examined the board.

"No one?" Lilith tsked

"No one?" Lilith tsked. "Oh right you are third years. Whoops." With a wave of her wand the board shifted. "What symbol is this?" The student chuckled.  "Yes-"

"John Shelby ma'am." He answered. "Thats a peace sign."

"Very good. Now some signs are easy with meanings like peace. Unicorn. Werewolf. Love." The symbols appeared behind her. Harry smiled as they did waving his hand around like a wand.

"Spellman's Syllabary is going to be your major textbook used in the class this book contains information on runes and their meanings, and can even be used to translate runes into modern English. You will also want to make sure you have ancient runes made easy if all these symbols look like squiggles to you." She added. "Alright. Lets begin. Open to page 5."

Severus had his first years first and they were blabbering away he knew he had to assert his dominance over them quickly. He smacked a hand down and the children turned to him.

"This is your first year of potions. As it so happens it is my first year teaching. So lets go over some rules before we begin." Severus suggested calmly. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few..." Severus remarked looking around the room debating if any student could be come a protégé "-who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper... in death."

Severus watched as they stared back at him. He had their attention now.

"Does that excite anyone?" Severus questioned. Most of the class rose their hands. "Good. We will begin At chapter one. A very good place to start. Get out your cauldrons. We are getting to work right away. Do as I say and you will be able to create many beautiful and even dangerous potions."

"This is so fun!" Harry declared jumping up and down.

"Im glad you approve." Lilith agreed. "Come on lets go get something to eat before my next class."

"Can I go play with daddy?" Harry questioned.

"Of course! I think he would really like that." Lilith agreed.

"You think he is lonely?"

"Maybe." Lilith agreed. 

"I think he is going to be a good professor, just like you mommy."

"Thank you, you know what? i think so to." Lilith agreed, their arms swung between them as they walked hand in hand. 

"Would it be okay if I stayed with daddy for the next class?" Harry questioned. 

"I think he would love that, I will miss you tons and tons though." LIith countered. 

"I can stay with you." Harry assured. Lilith loved how sweet he was, how much he wanted to please them. He was the best boy. It made her want another child, one she hoped would be just like harry.

"Lets go get daddy." Lilith corrected. 

"Hello mr Ghost!" Harry declared. 

"It's Sir Nicholas." He corrected as he floated by. 

"He keep trying to join the headless horsemen." LIlith added as they continued to the dungeons. 

"But... He's got a head mama."  Harry corrected.

"He's nearly headless." Lilith offered. "But poor lad didnt get it chopped all the way, shame for him, it truly is. It's his life goal to be a headless horseman." Harry  laughed out. 

"Dismissed." Severus declared and the class headed out as Lilith and Harry came in. Harry ran to severus jumping up and Severus picked him up holding him tight.

"Oh that is just what I needed." Severus agreed. "Your hugs are the best harry." 

"I missed you." Harry remarked. "Mama is a really good teacher, can I watch you teach too?" 

"I would be honored." Severus agreed. 

"Can I play in the pots?" 

"The cauldrons." Severus agreed, LIlith giggled wrapping an arm around Severus kissing his cheek. "You look stunning." 

"Yes dealing with dusty artifacts really brings out that sparkle in my eye." lilith mused. She turned at the footsteps. Since POtions was taken by all grades and Ancient runes was only taken up grades three and up, she had less classes but longer classes. She assumed that was why harry got bored.  When they got into more adventures and digs Harry would love it more, potions he could help severus more adding ingredients no doubt while LIlith was more going through the runes and meanings. But lilith loved having Harry with her, his big eyes smiling up at her. 

"Harry is going to be your assistant and I-" Lilith kissed them both. "Should be getting my lesson for the fifth years set up."

Severus had a content smile on her face as she left, she waved back at harry from the door. Severus could see their life here at Hogwarts. Could see their family growing. Could see Harry in slytherin greens.