20. Can't Stop Me

I Can do it with a broken heart/ Joffrey Baratheon / Rieka Stark out now!

Harry walked down the stairs slowly. Halfway down, he winced, feeling his scar burning, and then he saw Professor Quirrell standing before the Mirror of Erised.

"You?" Harry questioned, Quirrell turned to face him. "No. I-it can't be."

"Yes. Who would suspect p-p-p-poor st-stuttering Professor Quirrell?"

"That day, during the Quidditch match, it was you" Harry realized. Quirrell smiled evilly.

"Yes, dear boy. I tried to kill you." he admitted.  "And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded, even with your father muttering his little countercurse." he hissed.

"I knew he was trying to save me." Harry demanded, told you so, Hermione.

"I knew you were a danger to me right from the off. Especially after Halloween." he muttered.

"Then-then you let the troll in." Harry realized.

"Very good, Potter, yes." Quirrell agreed. "Snape, both Snapes, your parents... unfortunately, wasn't fooled. While everyone else was running about the dungeon, your father went to the third floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again." he turned towards the mirror again. Harry winced as his scar burned again brightly. "He rarely left me alone. But he doesn't understand. I'm never alone, never." Quirrell stared deeply into the mirror. "Now, what does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?" he grasped out for it.

"Ron? Hermione? Gods is Harry under all this mess?" Lilith demanded. 

"What are you doing here?" Hermione questioned. 

"I know who is after the stone and knew you lot wouldnt be idiotic." Lilith hissed. "Where is harry?" 

"Can I have a doctor?" Ron countered. 

"Tell me where he is?" Lilith demanded begging him not to be buried under the rubble of the game.

"He went on." Hermione remarked and Lilith marched off. 

"Use the boy." a voice from the unknown whispered out, Harry looked around, wondering where the voice was coming from. He was alone. Quirrell turned sharply to Harry.

"Come here, young mister Snape. Now!" Quirrell demanded Harry slowly walked down the stairs, towards Quirrell and the mirror. "Tell me... what do you see?" Harry looked into the mirror, and for a few seconds, sees him standing next to Quirrell, then his reflection reached into its pocket and pulls out a gleaming red ruby, the Philosopher's Stone. Harry stared in amazement as his reflection smiles and winks, then puts the stone back in its pocket. Harry felt his pocket and realized the Stone really is in his pocket, then looks up again at Quirrell.

" What is it?" Quirrell glanced at Harry while speaking "What do you see?" Harry looked hesitantly at Quirrell, then back at the mirror, determined not to let Quirrell know that he had the Stone.

"I-I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've won the House Cup." Harry offered hoping to sound more confident than he was.

"He lies." The voice hissed. Quirrell was outraged.

"Tell the truth! What do you see?! Quirrell demanded shouting and grabbing tight to Harry.

"Let me speak to him." the voice hissed.

"Master, you are not strong enough." Quirrell whispered pulling away from harry.

"I have strength enough for this."

Lilith slowed her footsteps as she heard voices, a strained voice that sounded similar to a monster she hoped had been defeated years ago, but that was so foolish. 

Quirrell reached up and started unwrapping his turban as he turned so his back was to the mirror. Harry turned toward the staircase into the room, wondering whether he should try to escape, then turned towards Quirrell again. He was almost finished unwrapping his turban, save for a piece covering the back of his head. Finally, he removed the turban, revealing a scary-looking chalk white face, he realized it was Voldemort. He craned around and opened his eyes.

"Harry Snape, we meet again." Voldemort said his voice weak, scratchy.

"Voldemort." Harry realized, Lilith couldnt breathe. 

"Yes. You see what I've become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another, a mere parasite. Unicorn blood can sustain me, but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can, something that, conveniently enough, lies in your pocket." Voldemort remarked, realizing Voldemort was referring to the Philosopher's Stone, Harry turned and ran back up the stairs.

"Stop him." Voldemort instructed. Quirrell snapped his fingers, instantly causing fire walls to block all the exits, trapping Harry in the room. "Don't be a fool! Why suffer a horrific death when you can join me and live?"

" Never!" Harry shouted. Lilith ran forward, this monster was not allowed to hurt her baby. 

"Haha. Bravery. Your parents had it, your aunt and uncle too, must run in the family. Didnt you lilith?"  Voldemort questioned and harry glanced to the mirror seeing Lilith running forward in the reflection. "Kill her." Voldemort demanded but Lilith wasnt one to go without a fight. Harry squinted as light emitted from his mother and Quirrells wands.  "Give me the stone and I wont hurt her." Voldemort suggested. 

"He doesnt have the stone." Lilith corrected. "And you are not my downfall old man." she hissed. Voldemort chuckled weakly. Before Quirrel sent a spell at harry, lilith lunged blocking it with her own body, she lay beside harry bleeding and in pain but Harry was always. 

"I can fix her." Voldemort assured. "I just ask for something in return."

"Mum?" Harry rasped as Lilith choked for breath, her lips dry her fingers grasping for her wand just out of reach. Harry took the Stone from his pocket. 

"That's it, Harry. There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it. Together, we'll do extraordinary things. Just give me the stone!"  Voldemort demanded. Lilith looked to Harry trying to sit up. 

"You liar!" Harry shouted. 

"Kill him!" Voldemort countered.

Under orders, Quirrell soared into the air and grabbed hold of Harry with one hand on his throat. They fall to the steps, causing the Stone falls out of Harry's reach as Quirrell choked him. Harry strained and squeaked. Suddenly, Harry put his hand on Quirrell's hand in an attempt to get him off. Smoke furled from under his hand as Quirrell winced. Quirrell screamed and backed up away from Harry. His hand was crumbling into ash and dust.

Lilith moved to her wand doing a quick healing spell on herself, it would have to do for now as she pulled herself up. 

" What is this magic?" Quirrell demanded, his hand disintegrating before him.

"Fool! Get the stone!"

Quirrell walked forward towards Harry, but harry smashed his hands against Quirrells face, causing Quirrell to scream in pain, and especially Voldemort to wince. Harry looked on horrified as Quirrell backed up with his face horrendously burned. He moved to his mother who held up her wand hesitantly, she didnt understand what was going on either. 

 Quirrell crumbled as he walked forward, turning his body completely into ash and dust, and fell to the floor, leaving only his clothing. Harry gasped, as he looked at his own hands and hurries over to the stone. He picked it up and sighed.

"I got it, mum." Harry remarked. 

"This is not the end." Voldemorts voice hissed out.  "You can't stop me, Snape." Lilith spun around, dust clouds formed from Quirrell's corpse,  dust clouds with Voldemort's face rushed forward screaming and went through Harry and Lilith. Voldemort flew away, as Harry fell back unconscious, Lilith held him up sobbing out as she checked for a pulse. Harry still held the Stone in an outstretched hand.