19. Hey Fluffy

"Hey fluffy." Lilith remarked singing him a song. "My boy come through here?" Fluffy stared back at her as she hummed. "Quirrell come through here?" She looked to the harp in the corner. Harp... "Who plays harp?" she waved her wand and the harp started to play. "Excuse me, I'm running a bit behind."

"What is that?"

"I don't know. Sounds like wings." They entered into a room filled with golden keys with wings.

"Curious. I've never seen birds like these."

"They're not birds, they're keys. And I'll bet one of them fits that door." Harry remarked nodding across the room. They came upon a broomstick, suspended in the air.

"What's this all about?" Hermione questioned.

"I don't know. Strange." harry agreed. Ron crept over to the door and took out his wand.

"Alohomora!" Ron declared before rattling the lock, he shrugged. "Well, it was worth a try."

"Ugh! What're we going to do? There must be 1000 keys up there!"

"We're looking for a big old fashioned one. Probably rusty like the handle." Ron offered examining the lock.

"There! I see it!" Harry pointed "The one with the broken wing!" Harry moved to the broom.

"What's wrong, Harry?"

" It's too simple." Harry admitted.

"Oh, go on, Harry! If Snape can catch it on that old broomstick, you can! You're the youngest seeker in a century!" Ron declared. 

"Since my mother." Harry corrected "And my father is not after the stone. I'm going to enjoy proving you both very wrong." Harry demanded. Harry grabbed the broom but suddenly all the keys went off in one direction, right at Harry. He climbed on the broom, swiping at them.

"This complicates things a bit!" Ron admitted. Harry pushed off into the air. He flew off, after the key. The others follow him. Harry grabbed the key.

"Catch the key!" Harry shouted. He zoomed by and threw the key to Hermione, who caught it and headed for the lock while Harry distracts the other keys. Hermione puts it in the lock.

"Hurry up!" Ron shouted. 

The door opened, and Hermione and Ron rush through, followed by Harry. They shut the door just as the keys slam up against it.

"I hated herbology." Lilith murmured. "Stupid plants..."

"Where is mama?" Aria questioned. Severus jumped. 

"You are supposed to be in bed." Severus corrected. 

"Whats that?" Aria questioned. 

"I think I found our culprit." Severus remarked. "I just have to test the blood." 

"I can help!" Aria declared as they headed to the potions class room. "What kind of blood is it?" 

"Unicorn." Aria gasped. 

"You know who this unicorn killing monster is?"

"I hope so." Severus agreed. "I hope your mother can handle him if she sees him."

" This is no graveyard." Ron sighed "It's a chessboard." They walked out onto the marble board and flames light, illuminating the board and giant players.

"There's the door."

They started to walk across the board, towards the door. Suddenly, as they reached a line of pawns, the pawns bring up their swords. The three jump and back up. They were blocked in.

"Now what do we do?" Hermione questioned.

"It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. All right. Harry, you take the Bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the Queen's side castle. As for me, I'll be a knight."

"What happens now?" Hermione questioned, Ron looked around aboard a horse.

" Well, white moves first, and then...we play." A pawn on the other side moves forward. Ron studied the game.

"Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like...real wizard's chess, do you?"

"You there! D-5!" Ron shouted, a black pawn moves forward, diagonal to the white pawn. The white pawn rose its swords and smashed the black one. They jumped. "Yes, Hermione, I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess!"

"Gods I havent been on a broom chasing after a snitch in ages." Lilith grumbled. "Where are you fucker?" She looked around for the key, ignoring the fact that there was no broom, surely harry had grabbed the key and headed off quickly, these keys were dreadful little buggers. She walked past the keys and looked to the broken one fluttering around the door. "Oh you were waiting for me. Thats so nice, because I'm kind of in a hurry."

"Castle to E-4!" Smash! " Pawn to C-3!" Smash! Boom! The Queen turned and smashes a piece! The kids winced. The white Queen turned again. Both Ron and Harry study the game. 

"Wait a minute." Harry realized what Ron was doing.

"You understand right, Harry. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King." Ron decided.

" No, Ron! No!"

"What is it?" Hermione questioned.

"He's going to sacrifice himself!" Harry declared.

"No, Ron, you can't!" Hermione begged, Ron closed his eyes. "There must be another way!"

""Do you want to stop Snape or not? Harry, it's you that has to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione, you." Harry nodded. "Knight...to H-3."

Ron's horse moved forward, slides and stopped. Ron stared up nervously.

"Check."

"Well!" Aria questioned. 

"It unicorn." Severus agreed. He pursed his lips. 

"Who is this monster?" 

"Your mother and brother are walking right into the serpents nest." Severus realized getting up. 

"We have to help them!" Aria declared. 

"No, you need to go back to bed." Severus corrected. "I will handle this."

"But-"

"Aria please." Severus begged. 

"You never let me do anything fun." She grumbled crossing her arms over her chest. 

"I'm sorry baby girl but you and me both would be in so much trouble from your mama if she found out you went on a rescue mission." Severus countered. 

The Queen turned and advanced. Ron breathed faster while everyone else held their breaths, clutching the steel reins. The Queen stopped. SMASH! Ron went flying off the horse and landed on the floor, unconscious.

"RON!" Hermione began to get up but Harry shouted at her to stop.

"NO! Don't move! Dont forget, we're still playing." Harry countered and she turned back to her place. Harry walked the diagonal in front of the King. "Checkmate." The Kings sword falls onto the ground victory. Harry breathed out and then the two run to Ron. They bend beside him. "Take care of Ron. Then, go to the owlery. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right...I have to go on."

" You'll be okay, Harry. You're a great wizard, you really are."

" Not as good as you."

""Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendship, and bravery. And Harry, just be careful." 

"Open damn it." Lilith muttered. "Didnt I tell you I was in a hurry?" The keys fluttered as the broken key was shaking in her hand, the lock off its axis. making it get stuck. "Bloody hell."  Lilith took a step back.

"Bombarda!"

The door exploded. 

"I should have started with that," she murmured walking through the smoke.