10. Fly

Cowboy like me / Aemond Targaryen / Mitch Rapp out now!

"Take a bit of toast, mate, go on."

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today." Hermione agreed.

" I'm not hungry." Harry corrected as Severus came up to Gryffindor table.

"Good luck today, Harry." Severus gave his shoulder a squeeze. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you... even if it is against Slytherin." Severus remarked as he limped off.

"Thanks dad." Harry called after him. Severus smirked back at him. "I know you are going to root for me."

"That explains the blood." Ron whispered.

"Blood?" Hermione countered confused.

" Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping." Ron decided.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermoine countered.

"Stop it! My dad is not a monster." Harry corrected. 

"I dont harry, the facts are all lining up, your dad is sketchy." Ron corrected. Harry shook his head looking to Draco and the rest of the slytherins before eating his breakfast. 

 Hedwig screeched as she entered the Great Hall. She was carrying a very large, long parcel. She dropped it off at the table.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?"

"But I-I never get mail." Harry reminded them. "everyone I know is already here." 

"Let's open it." Ron begged and inside revealed a broomstick.

"It's a broomstick!" Harry declared in awe.

"Thats not just any broomstick, Harry." Ron declared, and Harry recognized it from the window when he was shopping with Lilith. "it's a Nimbus 2000!"

Harry smiled up at the front table. LIilth had the biggest smile on her face. He got up running to the head table hugging her. Severus ruffled his hair.

"Good luck honey, we wanted you to have the very best." Lilith assured.

"Thank you both so much, this is too much."

"Not for my son." Severus corrected.

Harry didnt care what his classmates thought, his father wanted what was best for him. But he did notice the limp too. 

"Dad what happened to your leg?" Harry questioned. 

"Nothing you need to worry about." Severus assured. 

"Are you sure?" 

"I'm sure, now go get ready." Severus urged. 

"We will be cheering you on!" Lilith declared. "But I dont have an Gryffindor colors yet, but I'm always cheering for you!"

+

"Scared, Harry?" Oliver questioned.

"A little." Harry admitted.

"That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game."

"What happened?" Harry pondered.

"Er, I don't really remember. I took a bludger to the head 2 minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later." Oliver admitted with a sheepish grin.

"Can I fly?" ARia questioned. 

"not without us." Severus corrected. "Come on, lets get your scarf before we head out. 

"Can I fly with Harry? He got a nice new broom." Aria countered. 

"No, he is not skilled enough for carrying you." Lilith corrected.  Aria groaned. 

"Do I have to wait forever?" Aria questioned impatiently. "Before I can fly? I have to wait forever, that is what you are saying." She realized. 

"That is not what we are saying." Lilith corrected, Severus grabbed her hand as they walked. 

"Just older." Severus agreed. 

"So forever." Aria agreed. "Great, I'm going to be an old lady and still never able to fly." 

"I think you will survive until you get to fly yourself." Severus assured. 

"How do you know?" Aria sassed. "How do you know?"

"I... dont have an answer for that." Severus admitted ushering her to the door. "Get your scarf and hat." Aria marched off. 

"She is going to be trouble." Lilith realized. 

"She already is." Severus mused. 

"Okay I'm ready." Aria declared holding out her scarf and hat. Lilith wrapped her scarf around and severus tugged the hat on her head. "Now that it has certainly been forever... can I fly?"