Josh bonus POV 6

I stare at my reflection in the washroom. I don't look too weird right? I bought new clothes earlier since the others I had were all sweaty. Clean and casual, right? I mean, I think it's right.

It's right, right? I start stressing out.

Yes yes, Shadows repeats for the hundredth time with a short sight. Right in between overbearing and disgusting : normal. It'll be a good first impression.

We won't be too scary right? I mean, kids tends to sniff the wolf side of Lycans. The baby won't get scarred right? I don't know how I'd react if she's scarred of us.

She won't. She's OUR baby. No child of us would be a coward.

I shift my weight, uneased. It's one thing to try and look good to the love of your life, it's another if you're to meet a young child too.

Yours. That you didn't even know about. She'd be around three by now. At that age, how conscious are they or their environment and of the people around them? Goddess did she ever questioned Nature about why she didn't have a dad unlike other kids? And what did Nat say? How terrible is her opinion about us?

I grasp the sink out of stress. I showered but I might have to do it again if I keep sweating out of stress like that.

Get a grip Josh! I can't be the one doing the meeting, they'd freak out more! Shadow barks. And look at the time, I'm sure we'll be late if we keep on starring at the mirror like that.

I jolt and grab my phone. Shadow's right. By the time we leave and get there by car, we might be late.

I quickly leave the washroom just to find Sabrina on the couch. She sprawled on it but with her chin resting in the palm of her hands. She's smiling at me while her eyebrows keep going up and down in a spill the tea way.

"So, what will you ask her?"

"It has nothing to do with you." I growl, pissed off and stressed enough.

She raises one eyebrow and lean her head.

"Will you even let me meet Nat again? I hardly even got time to say hi last time before you shooed me away. Let me tell you right now, I might keep them secret if I end up going back alone but there's no way I leave without at least meeting my nephew or niece!"

"...It's Nat who'll decide if we can meet her or not anyway."

"Mmh, I suppose..." Sab trails her voice, but then smile at me in a malicious way. "Hey, did you notice? It's the second time you called the child a her. You think it's a girl?"

"What about it?" I grumble as I try to not to blush. What if I do think it's a girl? It's not as if it was a bad thing!

"It's so cute," she commented with a pleased smile. "Your daddy instincts are already kicking in."

I'm about to growl to mind her business when she rolls off the couch to get up. She throws me the car's key.

"I took the liberty to add a little something, so feel free to bring them over."

I frown. What kind of 'little something" could Sabrina had done? Sabrina pushes me toward the door before I can ask anything.

"Now go! You shouldn't be late. Oh and don't forget to take pictures! Bye~!"

She closes the door behind me. Is it a ruse so I'd think she won't follow? Mmh... I text her quickly not to track us nor to expects us while I leave the building. Sabrina sends me a pouting emoji for sole answer. I quickly get to the car, nervous and excited at the same time. On the way, my right leg can't stop shaking and so do my fingers. I don't think I've ever been this nervous in all my life.