Josh bonus POV 5

We leave immediately after, tensed enough for the day. Once out of the building, we run to their park at the top of the city. As we run for hours, I regain the control of our body and Shadow slowly calms down.

I spend the rest of the morning running, trying to think about what we'll talk about. I told her we needed to talk, but about what? Why I vanished? Her book? Our past relationship? Our feelings? The child? Should I tell her about the Lycans? Of course I should, especially if our baby shows signs, but how? I'd need to know about the child first, so should I wait? But isn't that more lies, which would just destroy Nat's trust even more once she knows? And what if she doesn't believe me and thinks I'm crazy? Or what if she turns crazy learning the truth?

The more I try to put some senses in my thought, the more they mingle. There is just way, way too much happening right now. I run faster to evacuate the tension.

I try to think about what we talked about yesterday : why I left and apologies. That's a good started right? I remember thinking very low of myself to not have allowed her the time and reflection she needed to express her feelings. This is definitely at the top of my to-do list. But what is my to-do list? Win Nat back? Meet the child? Tell all the truth? Get them to safety before Maddox hears about them? Try to find archives talking about half humans and half lycan children to understand better all of this?

Goddess there's just so much!

Around noon, I stop at some snack bar to grab a bite. I'm starving since I've ate nothing since yesterday morning. I order for five as take-out. I'll find a spot later. As I wait for my order, I receive a new call from Sabrina.

Hey! she says

I mumble vaguely, but she understands. Or perhaps she just doesn't care. She's too curious to jab at formalities anyway.

I'm still on my way. So, how did the talk go? Do you have a child? How are they doing?

"It's definitely mine!" I snap. It is obvious from Nat's reaction. Anyway, she wouldn't have done it with the first guy around when I wasn't there.

Boy or girl? Sabrina asks.

"...I don't know," I admit bitterly.

What? What did you even talk about!?

"We haven't talk. Yet."

Seriously? Why? She fled?

"She's no coward." I growl.

Maybe, but you can definitely be scary when you want to. So why?

"She asked me to let her work. We have agreed to meet up, though."

Oh! When is it? Can I come too!?

"No fucking way!" I growl. "We need time alone. We lost enough already."

Awww! I can hear her smile through the phone. I guess she thinks my possessiveness is cute or something. Whatever.  ...Josh? I noticed her book is gone. Have you read it yet?

I frown. It wouldn't be weird of me to have read it, so why the cautious tone? What's in that book?

"I haven't yet. Why? What's inside?"

I feel myself getting worked up again. Shadow growls and paces. What if Nat talks about another guy in there? Some white prince she met here and adopted our kid? What if she curses me in there? What if she explains she had to put our baby to adoption?

All the what if swirls in my mind. I would've spiralled if Sabrina hadn't started to answer.

Well... How should I put it... Sabrina winces through the phone. I haven't read it all! I got interrupted when— Well, you know when. It's just, before all that, she describes her life before she met you and... Huh...