Chapter 6: Winds of Change (part 3)

Jessica's pov

Unpleasant noises were spread throughout the Common Room, once the names of the Gryffindor Quidditch team were announced on a giant pin board.

Garreth, Leander and Eric, all made it to the team and from the looks of it, Nellie Oggspire was going be the next Gryffindor Quidditch Captain.

"Congratulations Leander" I smiled, approaching him and Natty.

"Thanks Jess, I don't know if you've heard, there is a party taking place in the dungeons tonight, part of the Quidditch initiation ceremony" Leander informed me.

"Interesting! I won't miss it" I replied, whilst looking at the clock. Hastily, I made my way to the Great Hall, anxious to find out if Sebastian and George had made it to the Slytherin team. I knew it meant a lot to both of them.

I found them talking next to the hourglasses that were constantly counting the points for each house. Sebastian's lips formed a broad smile when our gazes met, prompting George to turn around and see who had caught his friend's attention.

"So?" I questioned with anticipation.

"Behold! Let me introduce you to Slytherin's new Beaters" Sebastian announced, pointing at himself and George.

"Congratulations!" I grinned and gave Sebastian a soft kiss.

"Thank you gorgeous" he returned the kiss.

"Congratulations to you too George" I gave him a tight hug "I know you worked hard for this"

"Thanks Jess!" he kindly responded.

"Ready for the party, are we?" Sebastian reached out for my hand and spun me around as if we were dancing the waltz.

"Not just yet! I'll see you later" I giggled, trying to sound mysterious as I walked away. I entered the Great Hall, hoping that the party would be free of drama.

Mia's pov

The night sky was filled with stars, beautifully lighting up my dorm, as I was getting ready for the initiation ceremony. I exited the Common Room wearing a long grey dress and lipstick.

The party was once again held in the dungeon, and as soon as I entered, I noticed Ominis sitting on a desk next to Grayson.

"Hello boys" I greeted them.

"Wow! Don't you look stunning?" Grayson made a rhetoric question to showcase his admiration, probably exaggerating somewhat to boost my confidence.

"As you know, I can't quite see you Mia, but Grayson doesn't tend to compliment people, so I'll take his word for it" Ominis smiled at me.

"You both sound so convincing I might as well believe it" I joked.

I stayed with them for a while, talking and having a good time, until my gaze was drawn to Eric, who was waving from the other side of the room.

"Hello beautiful" he said, pulling me into a hug.

"Hey there" I replied.

"I'm going to go grab a drink, would you like one yourself?" Eric asked.

"I'm fine thanks"

"I'll be right back" Eric softly caressed my hand and left.

My eyes followed him until they fell on Garreth, who was seemingly engaged in a conversation with Nellie Oggspire. Lost at the sight, I barely noticed Jessica, who was suddenly standing right in front of me and gave me a hug. Her wavy blonde hair fell perfectly on her shoulders and she looked stunning as always.

"What are you looking at?" Jessica raised her eyebrow "Garreth?"

"What's with him and Nellie?" I tried to appear uninterested, but my curiosity was getting the best of me.

"They're probably talking about Quidditch. Haven't you heard? Nellie is our new team captain!" Jessica explained "Why? Are you jealous?"

"Of course not! Why would I be?" I lied.

"Yeah...right! Well... if you ever decide to tell me the truth, I'll be right over there with Ominis and Grayson" Jess gave me a cunning look and headed towards Ominis.

A few seconds later, Eric came back, holding our drinks "Here you are" he handed me a cup.

"Thanks" I smiled and grabbed it carefully to avoid spilling it on my dress.

"You're welcome"

"So, how come Nellie is your new team captain?" I asked him.

"Apparently, she's the oldest member of the pre-ban Quidditch team" Eric responded.

"Well that explains a lot! How do you feel about the new formation of the team?" I questioned.

"Oh! I'm excited! I believe in this team, but Nellie worries that there might be some tension between Garreth and I, but I reassured her that there's absolutely no bad blood from my side" Eric said and took a sip of his drink.

A slight feeling of guilt passed right through me, but I tried my best to mask it.

"I see, that's why she's been staring at me strangely all night! Anyway, there won't be any bad blood from Garreth's either" I responded with certainty "After all, he broke up with me".

"Huh, he must have been out of his mind; I mean, you're gorgeous" Eric playfully expressed and pulled me in for a passionate kiss. 

George's pov

Entering the party in the dungeons as an official Beater was a unique sensation. Heads were turning as Sebastian and I were making our way to the drinks table. After filling our cups, we squeezed through a group of individuals, who were dancing to the music and reached the desk, where Ominis and Grayson were sitting.

"Hello" I greeted both of them with a pound hug.

"Look who's decided to show up" Ominis raised his eyebrow.

"Oh come on, don't tell me that you've missed me already, especially with your boyfriend over here!" I joked.

"Well, you know how Ominis works, bromance over romance" Grayson complained and we all giggled. While glancing at the room, I noticed Poppy passing by, smiling and waving at me.

"Are you guys on good terms now?" Grayson questioned after looking at our discreet interaction.

"Nah, not really, why? Do you know something?" I gave him a sceptical look.

"I saw her watching your Quidditch trial, man". Grayson narrated what he had observed during the Slytherin try-outs and I could not help but smirk.

She wanted to see how I did on the try-outs, huh? She misses me, well, miss Sweeting I'm only getting started!