Chapter 4: Connected by blood (part 6)

Jessica's pov

The night sky was full of stars and the moonlight was shining through the windows in the Gryffindor Common Room. I waited for everyone to fall asleep; I did not want anyone to know what I was up to.

Walking on my tiptoes, I sneaked out to meet Sebastian in the Undercroft, my heart racing with anticipation. I loved wandering through the empty corridors at night, it was so quiet and peaceful. Without hesitating, I entered the Undercroft, and saw him casting a few spells on a dummy.

"Sebastian?" I let out hesitantly, my voice filling the silence of the room.

Sebastian turned to face me. "You came!" he smiled, his eyes lighting up with delight.

I remained rather cold, since I was not over our last fight, but I was curious to find out what he wanted us to talk about. I received an owl earlier today asking me to meet him here at night.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" I asked him, my tone as neutral as possible.

"I want to apologise for my behaviour after Hector's party" Sebastian expressed, staring deeply into my eyes.

Same old tricks Sebastian! They no longer work on me. That was typical Sebastian behaviour during our fifth year. He would always get mad and not think clearly and then he would come back with an apology. Yeah, I am not falling for this again!

"Sebastian there is no point in apologising, if you're going to react the same way the next time you get unreasonably jealous" I replied, crossing my arms.

His expression darkened at my words, his frustration evident, and his voice was bitter. "Oh so now you can predict the future?"

"Your past actions have given me a pretty clear image of what your future actions are going to look like" I replied, feeling a hint of anger building within me.

"Stop condemning me for my past mistakes!" Sebastian raised his tone, his jaw clenched as he struggled to contain his frustration.

A sudden wave of regret washed over me, making me instantly feel bad. He was right; he has been trying to change, but I kept criticising him for his past mistakes, even though he had been making significant progress. He was no longer the immature fifth year guy I once knew, yet I kept on treating him like he was the same old Sebastian.

"I'm sorry!" I said sincerely, my voice filled with remorse. I caressed his cheek and moved closer to kiss him.

Surprised by my reaction, he pulled me into a hug, Feeling the warmth of his embrace, I allowed myself to sink in, melting into his touch. I'm so in love with Sebastian Sallow.

He pushed my body against the wall and lifted me up by my thighs, closing the distance between as with a passionate kiss. He placed kisses on my neck as he unbuttoned my shirt. I pulled him closer by his messed-up tie, our bodies colliding against the wall.

"Sebastian!" I gasped between our kisses.

"I want you" he whispered, sending shivers down my spine at the sound of his deep voice so close to me.

"Is anybody her? Sebastian?" a familiar voice echoed from the entrance of the Undercroft. It made us jump in fear, thus I pushed Sebastian away and started getting dressed. I could not believe this was happening.

"Ominis! Wha – what are you doing here?" Sebastian asked, trying to catch his breath.

"What do you mean what am I doing here? I come here every day" he replied, his tone full of curiosity.

"Yeah – uhm – right" Sebastian said. Can he make it any more obvious?

"What's up Sebastian, why are you panting?" Ominis realised something was up.