Chapter 3: Christmas at Hogsmeade (part 2)

George's pov

The snow had fully covered the Bell Tower Courtyard, with icicles forming on the cloister roof. I was heading to Beasts class, when I saw Poppy there talking to some Kneazles. I approached her from behind and gave her a hug.

"George!" she exclaimed, her pretty eyes lit up as she turned.

"What are you doing out here? It's cold" I asked and rubbed her arms up and down to produce some warmth.

"I wanted to see Persephone" Poppy replied.

"I'm sure Persephone appreciates your company, but it's chilly out here" I let out while scarcely holding myself from shivering. I reached into my pocket and took out a rose.

"Here, this is for you" I handed her the flower.

"Aww! Thank you! – Where did you find a rose, though? Everything's covered with snow" she questioned excitedly.

"I grew it myself in the Room of Requirement; only for you! – Do you want to come to the vivarium to see Highwing?" she smiled at the sound of my words.

"Yes, I would love to" she said and held my hand. We made our way to the Room of Requirement and ran into Jessica. Unaware of our presence, she kept walking in circles whilst holding a notebook.

"Gotcha!" I shouted and nudged her lightly.

"George!" Jessica flinched and punched my arm "What are you guys doing here?"

"Hey! That hurt!" I complained.

"We came to feed Highwing" Poppy replied.

"What's this notebook?" I asked.

"It's nothing, just something I wanted to hide" Jessica explained and winked at Poppy.

Poppy and I entered the vivarium and wandered on the soft grass until we reached Highwing, who appeared to be napping. She must have heard us as we approached her because she spread her wings abruptly.

"Easy there, Highwing!" I exclaimed.

We started brushing her gently and feeding her; she seemingly enjoyed our company, especially Poppy's.

"I missed her" Poppy admitted.

"Well, you can come here every day if you want to – or we can even take Highwing for a trip with us and fly above the Highlands" I suggested.

She moved closer and kissed me. Highwing stretched her wings and made a slight noise.

"I think Highwing is getting jealous" I joked and Poppy laughed.

"Do you want to stay here tonight?" I gave Poppy a playful gaze. She thought about it for a second and then replied "I do actually".

We went through all of the vivariums in the Room of Requirement, because she wanted to interact with all the magical creatures. She was the sweetest person in the world; I could sit back and watch her getting excited about this all-day long.

Once she brushed the last mooncalf, she returned to the room. She walked up to me and kissed me passionately. We started making out and it was intense; there was nothing innocent about these kisses and I was drawn to her. We moved to the bed and got completely naked. She closed her eyes and bit her lips as I gently stroked my fingers between her hips, thoroughly enjoying the experience.

After a couple of minutes, I could see it in her eyes that she was turned on. I laid on top of her, her legs wrapped over my back. I was kissing her neck, while pushing lightly against her body, entering it slowly. She let out a soft moan whilst pulling my body closer to hers. My heart was racing, she had no idea how much of an effect she had on me. I kept on moving in and out of her body until we both hit our peak simultaneously. After that, we headed to the shower to clean ourselves up before falling asleep on one of the beds.

I woke up the next morning and walked down the stairs to the next room while Poppy was still asleep

I woke up the next morning and walked down the stairs to the next room while Poppy was still asleep. I noticed a drawer adjacent to one of the bookcases. I opened it up and saw a notebook inside.

That must be the one that Jess was holding yesterday.

I went through some of its pages and was shocked to say the least. Suddenly, I heard footsteps; it was Poppy on tiptoes approaching me. She was wearing my Slytherin robe and my shirt, with a smile on her lips.

"What's that?" she questioned.

"It's the notebook Jess brought yesterday – or should I say it's Cressida's diary?" I raised my eyebrow. Poppy gave me a guilty look; she knew exactly where I was going with this "Why did Jess steal Cressida's diary? And who is Cressida?"

"She's a sixth-year Gryffindor, who hates Jess and she writes about everyone in this diary" Poppy explained, avoiding eye contact.

"She wrote something about you?" I asked her in an attempt to understand what was going on.

"Yes – and about you too" she sighed.

"About me? I don't even know her" I stated in a surprised manner. "What's she writing about you?" Poppy went on and explained me the whole situation and why Jessica stole her diary.

"Why would you discuss our personal matters with a girl, who isn't even your friend?" I could feel my anger rising.

"I don't know George! I was just upset and..." she was trying to justify herself but stopped abruptly. She started to cry, which made me act more compassionately towards her and calmed me down.

"You don't need to apologise, baby! Just don't do it again! You can always discuss these things with me" I expressed "You can't go around complaining to other students about us"

She wiped her tears and hugged me tight.

"I love you" she said.

"I love you more!" I replied and kissed her forehead.