Chapter 4: Connected by blood (part 3)

George's pov

The next morning, I awoke to sunlight streaming into my dormitory through the window. Perhaps Sebastian or some other Slytherin forgot to close the curtains before going to bed, but I do not blame them; I was exhausted myself last night, and I fell asleep as soon as I laid my head on my pillow.

I got up and made my way to the bathroom, to have a shower and get myself ready for the day. It was an anticipated day, since most students who had left over the Christmas break would return. I could not hide my excitement to see Poppy after two weeks of being apart; I missed her deeply. I headed downstairs to the Common Room, where I found Ominis sitting by the window. He looked lost in his thoughts.

"Good morning Ominis! Is something bothering you?" I asked him, sitting in a couch next to him.

"Morning! I couldn't get any sleep last night; this dark witch's voice kept playing on a loop in my head" Ominis admitted "I think I recognise that voice"

"Who is it?" I instantly questioned, my eyes widened with curiosity.

"We shouldn't speak of it in here, meet me with Sebastian and Jess in the Undercroft tonight" his voice barely above a whisper.

My mind raced with possibilities, but I could not do anything else but wait. I left the Common Room to go see if Poppy had arrived, making my way to the Bell Tower Courtyard. Hugs were exchanged as the students reunited after the holidays, creating a joyful atmosphere amidst the castle grounds.

"George!" Grayson exclaimed "How are you mate?"

"All good!" I gave him a brotherly hug, a grin spreading across my face. "Have you had a nice break?"

"I did! What about you? I received an owl from Mia mentioning a complete success with our potion plan" excitement bubbling in his voice.

I told him all about the Polyjuice potion and how we managed to authorise it. How Astoria Crickett was already getting better and then I narrated our little escapade to the goblin mine last night.

"A young dark witch, who has a cousin in our school?" Grayson furrowed his eyebrows in concern.

"Indeed!"

"Interesting! I have some news too – I did some research on Larissa and apparently, she has a sister, who lives in France" Grayson mentioned "We should discuss this with Mia and Jess"

I nodded thoughtfully, and then Grayson left to go unpack his things in his Common Room. I kept looking for Poppy until I spotted Sacharissa Tugwood, a sixth-year Hufflepuff.

"Hey Sacharissa, have you seen Poppy?" I asked her.

"Oh! Hi George! Why, yes I did – I saw her unpacking her things in her dorm about twenty minutes ago" she explained. She then proceeded to talk about her new beauty creams and how successful her business was becoming.

"I have made some Galleons and I'm saving it to buy a shop in Hogsmeade one day!" she excitedly told me. "I heard you have one yourself"

"George!" our conversation was cut short when I heard Poppy's familiar sweet voice.

I turned around at the sound of my name, my eyes lighting up as I saw Poppy approaching me, throwing her arms around me in a tight embrace and giving me a deep kiss.

"I should be on my way" Sacharissa murmured, leaving us alone.

"I missed you" she expressed while pulling away.

"You can't imagine how much I missed you, my lady! How is your Gran?" I replied, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"She's all right, you should have visited us though, Gran kept asking about you" her tone teasing, but with a small hint of complaint.