Chapter 1: The Big Return (part 1)

George's pov

September had just begun and the first yellow leaves were falling. Three months had passed since the battle of Hogwarts, when the other three Keepers and I had successfully defeated Ranrok, the dangerous goblin that threatened the wizarding world.

This was going to be the talk of the school once we were back to Hogwarts. Gossip always had a way of spreading like wildfire around the castle. But for me, it was just another day in the life of a Hogwarts "hero". I had grown accustomed to the looks and whispers that followed us, wherever we went. There were already rumours about all of my last year's adventures.

On September 1st, I found myself travelling to Feldcroft, a small village in the Scottish Highlands, not that far from Hogwarts. Invited by my best friend, Sebastian Sallow, who had sent me an owl a few weeks prior, asking me to come and stay with him for a while. He said his house felt empty after the events of last year.

Once I arrived, I saw him waiting for me in his small yard. He tried hard to force a smile, but I could see right through his sorrow. He was determined that we could find a cure for his cursed sister, Anne and to be completely honest so was I.

As we settled into the comforting warmth of his house, Sebastian began talking about the books he found during our summer break about Ancient Magic and how he thought some of them, if they were not a myth, held the potential of healing Anne. I was willing to assist, as long as no Dark Arts were used. Sebastian and I had both promised Ominis we would stay away from any kind of dark magic. After all, we had witnessed first-hand its destructive power.

"Enough about me! How has your summer been?" Sebastian asked.

"It was quite alright, I needed some time to relax, after everything we've been through" I replied, my tone casual.

"So did I" Sebastian nodded understandingly whilst staring out the window. "Have you been in touch with any of our friends?"

"Yes, Ominis and I exchanged multiple owls and I met up with Jess, Grayson and Mia a couple of times"

I noticed how his facial expression changed at the sound of Jessica's name. His eyes widened as he shifted uncomfortably. "Jess? How is she doing?" he questioned, trying to appear neutral but he was brimming with curiosity.

I glanced at him mischievously, knowing why he was asking particularly about her. "She's alright, she must've had quite a summer" I answered provokingly waiting for Sebastian's reaction; to my surprise he remained calm.

"I am glad to hear that!" he stated. " So, there's a cave about 30 minutes away by broom, shall we give it a try?" Sebastian handed me a map, changing the subject.

"Let's wait until tomorrow, I'm still tired from my trip to Feldcroft!" I remarked. "I'm going to have a shower"

The next morning, we prepared ourselves for our short trip to a newfound cave in the northern region of Feldcroft. According to a prophecy Sebastian, Ominis and I found back in July, this cave contained Ancient Magic.

When Sebastian and I arrived there, the door was sealed by some sort of ice-built door. Aiming at the door, Sebastian cast Confringo, hoping that the blazing blast would melt the ice and grant us entry, but nothing happened. To our surprise the ice stayed intact.

My mind raced as I considered my next move. If this cave supposedly contains Ancient Magic, then I should use mine to unblock it.

With a sudden surge of energy, I swung my wand with precision and cast a spell towards the door, fully breaking the ice.

"Wow! Impressive!" Sebastian gasped, his expression full of awe. But before I could reply, multiple Ranrok's loyalists and dark wizards appeared.

"Run inside!" I shouted and as we dashed inside, I used Bombarda on the entrance, causing some rocks to fall from the ceiling, eventually sealing off the entrance. "It should keep them from entering for now"