Chapter 1: The Big Return (part 6)

Mia's pov

I was standing outside the Room of Requirement, eagerly awaiting Garreth, when I heard footsteps. Turning around, I saw him striding towards me, a feeling of exhilaration surged through me.

"Hey there" Garreth waved with a confident smile, the tension between us apparent from the first moment we locked eyes.

"That was quite an explosion, you've made in Potions class today" I joked, trying to mask my own anxiety with a casual tone.

"I know, but I also brewed the best Potion in class, restoring the 10 House Points I lost" he boasted, his teasing demeanour making me want to punch him.

"Whatever!" I rolled my eyes.

"You wanted to show me something?" he asked.

"Yes, follow me!"

"Sweet and commanding at the same time? I like this combination" he stated flirtatiously.

Focused on my thoughts, I closed my eyes, and the Room of Requirement's door materialised on the wall right in front of us.

Garreth's eyes widened in disbelief, his pupils dilated. "Whoa! What is that?"

"This is called the Room of Requirement!" I elaborated. "Your aunt showed this to Jessica, George, Grayson and I last year, as a place where we can study quietly or practice spells. She did that so we could catch up with the rest of the students in our year."

"My aunt? I must say I'm impressed Mia" Garreth smiled mischievously.

"You can use this place to brew any potion you want without getting in trouble, this will save you from spending time in detention and losing house points"

Unable to contain his joy, Garreth dashed around the room like a child in a candy store, examining everything in sight. "This is bloody unbelievable!" he finally exclaimed, his energy contagious.

For hours, we were brewing potions and experimenting with different combinations of ingredients. Working side by side, I enjoyed his company, constantly chuckling at his hilarious jokes and losing track of time.

"Get to cover!" Garreth suddenly yelled, dragging me behind a nearby couch as one of the cauldrons exploded.

I applauded him sarcastically before bursting into laughter. "Congrats Garreth, you did it again!"

But as I turned to face him, I was taken aback by the intensity in his eyes. Unexpectedly, Garreth moved closer. "You know, you're really cute, when you laugh" he whispered.

Is he flirting with me?

My initial response was to brush off his comment with a joke, hoping to hide my uneasiness with humour. "Oh really, is that one of your common jokes?" I asked, peering into his eyes.

"I'm just expressing what I see" he assured me confidently, his gaze fixed on mine.

Panicked of what was yet to come, I tried to say something, but no words came out of my mouth. With one smooth movement, Garreth closed the remaining distance between us, his lips capturing mine in an electrifying kiss.

In that moment, time seemed to stand still. Our kiss was so passionate that my heart raced in my chest as I melted into his embrace. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his hands tightened around my waist, pulling me closer.

As our kiss reached its peak, we were abruptly interrupted by a sharp noise, causing me to push Garreth away. I turned to see Deek, the house-elf that tend to the Room of Requirement. "Deek! What are you doing here?" I questioned, my voice betraying a hint of nervousness.

"Deek came to feed the Mooncalves Miss King, is that one of your friends?" he kindly asked.

"My name is Garreth" he introduced himself with a smile.

"Mrs. Weasley's nephew? Deek is delighted to meet you sir!" Deek's eyes lit up. "Is everything alright Miss King? You seem upset!"

When I looked in the mirror, I realised my cheeks had turned completely red. "Everything is fine Deek! Oh, and please don't mention any of this to anyone please! We have to go" I grabbed Garreth's hand and moved towards the exit.

"Wait, I don't think we should leave the room together; what if somebody sees us? It's pretty late" he suggested.

Everything happened so fast that I barely had any time to think. "You're right!" I nodded in agreement. "You should go first, I'll leave in five minutes"

"Good night" Garreth whispered, before kissing me goodbye.

Jessica's pov

I was on my way back to the Gryffindor Common room, when I saw Garreth leaving the Room of Requirement. What was he doing in there? How does he even know about it?

With quick and stealthy movements, I grabbed his arm, pulling him aside behind a nearby brazier. Before he could react, I placed my hand over his mouth, ensuring that no sound escaped.

"Shut up! Your aunt is just around the corner" I informed him, my voice barely above a whisper. Quickly, I cast the Disillusionment spell, then freed his mouth so he can cast it as well. Professor Weasley emerged from the corner and walked right past us until she disappeared from our sight.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered angrily.

"Yeah, I am happy to see you too Jess, but you know it's not nice to scare people like this, especially in the middle of the night" he joked.

"If it wasn't for me, you would have received your first detention already. What were you doing in there?" I asked.

Suddenly the Room of Requirement door was formed on the wall once again and this time it was Mia heading out. She scanned her surroundings, but could not see us due to the spell, so she walked away without a second glance.

Garreth and I slipped out of our hiding spot and began making our way back to the Gryffindor Common room. "So, you and Mia?" I teased him, nudging him playfully in the ribs.

"Yes" he responded, his gaze darting away as he avoided looking at me.

"Tell me more" I pressured him.

"This is not the place; someone could be listening" Garreth murmured cryptically, looking around the Common Room.

"Oh please" I scoffed. "As if anybody cares about your love life"