◆Chapter 123◇

En başından başla

Even so, it didn't stop him from clicking his tongue in annoyance and putting a hand on her head – just to remind her, for what felt like the hundredth time, that that burden wasn't hers to shoulder alone.

"Take care of yourself first," he grumbled. Miyuki looked at him, perplexed. "I mean it. You're no good if your brain's all fried up. If you aren't comfortable or something, you can tell somebody... or me! Do whatever you want, but don't just..." he turned his face away as the back of his neck turned a harsh red. "You know what I mean."

"...I do, thanks." She cracked a small smile.

"Your wrinkles are vanishing."

"Hey! S-Stop paying so much attention to my bodily functions, it's weirding me out...!"

When they got to the meeting room, Izuku, Mirko, Nejire, Edgeshot, Best Jeanist, and Tamaki were already there. Once the door closed shut behind them and she'd made herself comfortable by the Chabudai on the floor, the meeting began.

"We need to defeat Zin inside U.A.," Best Jeanist said. "We can't let him fray the arena and set himself free."

"Yeah. We'd be at a smashing disadvantage like what happened in Jaku..." Tamaki pointed out sheepishly. "Everyone talked about it..."

"'Fray'? Like pants?" Katsuki thought out loud. Miyuki rubbed her cheek thoughtfully.

"Not necessarily. It's more about the innate bond he and All for One share," she explained. "They both may have one tightly woven, very similar goal, but Aki-nii isn't like that anymore. He's breaking free. His hatred for me has spread to everybody and everything while All for One just wants to achieve his ultimate goal of becoming a Demon Lord."

"Exactly," Best Jeanist agreed. "It's about their split personality and what we aim to protect."

"But we've already evacuated everyone. You're talking about buildings?" Nejire asked.

"We no longer have the luxury to think about buildings," Edgeshot stated. "The moment we decided to fight Dabi in Kamino, we turned a blind eye to destruction. Protecting everyone's future will always be our top priority."

"Get to the point already!" Mirko said.

"Sasaki-San mentioned their mental conflict will be a problem. I'd rather deal with All for One," Best Jeanist added. "He wants to rule, he won't be killing en masse."

"But Zin won't stop until he's killed everyone, right?" Katsuki pointed out.

"Now that his power and hatred have peaked, he's doom personified. He'll most likely target the ground itself," Best Jeanist explained. "Thinking about the future... whether we stand strong or get beat down, we'll need a place to stand. What we need to protect is..."

Miyuki let go of his hand and a deep sigh escaped her throat as she fell back on her knees, breaths laboured and heavy. Katsuki's hand flopped to his side as she looked down, surveying the wound in her abdomen. All Might's tattered jacket made a good bandage for now, but it was already deeply soaked. When she moved her arm even the slightest she winced, a sharp pain jolting through her body, a quiet gasp escaping her mouth.