🖤H R 2🤍

"Good morning, Yu-Chan."

Miyuki looked up. Blinking slowly, her vision became clearer as she took in the dark brown ceiling above her. It seemed very familiar to her, although she wasn't quite sure where she'd seen it. And that scent - of cedar and flecks of sandalwood around her...

'...Papa?'

She sat up, her gaze drifting downwards as she did. Her heart leaped in her chest when she saw the familiar tatami flooring of her home - her and her father's home - and the simple Chabudai table on which they'd always play chess in the center of the living room. Brushing her hands over the place she'd just gotten up from, its familiar, cushioned surface dipping under the pressure of her hand, she knew right away this chair belonged in their home, too.

'Wait...'

Her brows furrowed slightly as she saw the chessboard neatly positioned on the table, all of the pieces in their respective stations with their faces turned to the east just as her father liked them to be.

'But... I didn't... Not yet, but...'

"Is something wrong?" came her father's voice again. Her head snapped up and her eyes widened in shock as she saw Mirai casually seated across from her in his businessman attire, an open book in his lap. "Miyuki?"

"Papa?" she whispered, voice shaking.

A loud explosion sounded, causing the house itself to shake upon its foundation. Miyuki looked around, frantically searching for the source of the blast as everything around them began to crumble -

"Get away!" Mirai shouted as he dodged a spike that shot up next to him. She whipped around, their surroundings suddenly having shifted to a dark cavern. "Miyuki, get away from here!" Her heart leaped into her throat as she watched spikes spring up around them, her father caught in their midst. "Go help the others!"

"No, wait!" she cried out, stretching out her hand as she rushed towards him using her Quirk. "Papa, I can save you first!"

She doubled her speed, but she quickly realized something was wrong, for the faster she ran, the farther away he got from her, and the faster the spikes sprung up around him, leaving him less and less room to avoid them.

Miyuki watched in horror as a spike shot through Mirai's abdomen. Tears gathered in her eyes and spilled over her rosy cheeks in as great bounds as the blood splattering the ground. The hand held out to him was shorter and no longer had sparks of light zipping around it. Her legs, shorter now, didn't move as fast anymore and her dark green hair fluttered as she was pushed to the ground, her cries instantly silenced by the cold hand gripping the back of her neck.

"How naive," Zin breathed, digging his knee into her back. A maniacal grin stretched onto his face as his hand began glowing in a searing bright light, "to think that you could save him. You can't save anyone, Miyu-Chan. Not even yourself..."

The cavern was engulfed in a light as bright as the sun. Every inch of her skin was kissed by the scorching flame of his Quirk, her own light dimming in comparison. Just then, a pale, gaunt face appeared before her, smiling behind the hand covering them as Zin fired a blast through her heart -

"Wake up, dammit!" Katsuki said loudly as he shook her shoulders. Miyuki gasped as she shot up in her futon, nearly knocking back the ash-blonde from the force, but he stopped her before she could and stabilised the both of them. "What happened? Why were you screaming just now?"

Miyuki exhaled, her brows damp with sweat as she allowed herself a chance to slow her breathing down enough for her to speak.

"I was...?" She asked, voice hoarse. Miyuki realized her hand was trembling and was clutching the front of Katsuki's shirt. Slowly, she let go. "S-Sorry."