◆Chapter 34◇

Aizawa looked at the brown envelope in his hands as he settled down in the waiting room of Central Hospital. Most of his bandages were still yet to come off, which made his breathing all the more harder – what with the additional weight of the truth finally resting in his hands.

They came back a day earlier than expected.

As he looked around, he saw the place was partially empty apart from the doctors and nurses going about their duties attending to their patients. It struck him, then, as he saw a doctor speaking with a woman and a little girl that this was where Miyuki was brought to when she was a child. The air was coated with the strong scent of antiseptic and medicines.

Was this the first thing Miyuki experienced when she regained consciousness? The first thing she felt upon waking - could it have been the frigidity of the air? The sight of a stranger's smile and the warmth of an unfamiliar space as she was guided back to health?

Aizawa groaned quietly to himself as he felt the strings of sympathy tug at his heart.

The number one hero said he was on his way and he would be bringing with him the detective whom Miyuki was closely associated with.

It's too early in the morning to be this stressed, he thought as he massaged the bridge of his nose.

Could the man truly be trusted?

However, this was a person the number one hero regarded as someone worthy of hearing this sensitive information. Surely that must count for some modicum of trust?

"All Might," Aizawa greeted, nodding his head at the deflated pro hero as he and another man entered the waiting room. Both of them were casually dressed. He turned to Tsukauchi. "This is the man who found her?"

"Yes," All Might responded, then motioned to Tsukauchi. "This is Tsukauchi, a detective on the force and a very good friend of mine." Reading the expression in his fellow pro hero's eyes, he added, "He can be trusted. Young Miyuki is like family to him."

"That is true," Tsukauchi spoke up. "I've watched her grow since she was a little girl."

"...Alright," Aizawa responded. "Shall we go then?" The two pro heroes and Tsukauchi left Central Hospital and began making their way down the street towards a small café.

"You said you've watched her grow," Aizawa said to Tsukauchi as they sat at a booth, "and given your profession, that means you're already aware of her personal relations with the Shizuka family." All Might sweat dropped.

Is this some kind of interrogation?

"Yes," Tsukauchi replied. He frowned. "And I understand your concern. Miyuki never complains about them to me, but I know her foster parents and she do not get along. I even considered moving her away from them when she ran away from home."

"She ran away?" All Might questioned, surprised to hear this. "When was this?"

"Six years ago," the detective answered. "She was missing for two days before we found her at a nearby prefecture."

Aizawa leaned back in his seat, a contemplative expression knitting his brow.

Miyuki was that unhappy that she ran away? And to go missing for two days... Where did she go?

"And you took her back to them," Aizawa spoke up. "Back to the people she was trying to escape from?"

"Shizuka Ren and Shizuka Kasumi stand amongst the most powerful elite in Japan. We had to," Tsukauchi explained sombrely. "The media would start asking questions and the public eye would be on them had they suddenly let go of the evil child they'd so 'lovingly' taken in. They refused to give her up."

𝐇𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐢 『Bakugo Katsuki』जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें