◆Chapter 94◇

Miyuki left the restroom quickly after that, although she was sure she really needed it as she rejoined the boys due to the sickening feeling twisting her gut inside out.

This just keeps getting more and more complicated...

Katsuki eyed Miyuki as she came back and stood next to him. Her hands were clasped in front of her, but her fingers were loosely knitted together, her thumb fidgeting slightly across her knuckle. Impatience? About the work study?

No...

It definitely had to be because of that Spoonbill's book.

"But anyway!" Burnin continued saying to the four students. "Since Endeavour only wanted Shoto-Kun, you three will probably be working with us."

"I came because I was told I could see the number one hero work up close!" Katsuki shouted, indignant.

"You'll still see it!" Izuku quickly spoke up. Miyuki turned to them, broken out of her train of thought. "Calm down, Kacchan!"

"It's different from what I expected, though," Shoto said. "I'll try talking to him."

Just as he said those words, the doors of his father's office slid open and the number one hero stepped out.

"Shoto, Deku, Hikari, Bakugo," Endeavour said, stopping in front of the four students. Something about his expression seemed different from before, yet Miyuki couldn't put her finger on it. "I'll be looking after you four."

There it was. In those six words, Miyuki's heart sunk to the bottom of her stomach and her lips downturned as she looked up at the number one hero, her anxieties - quelled yet intensified - firmly cemented as the light shone a bit clearer now over what they both knew to be true:

A battle was coming.

Shortly after Endeavour changed his mind to take the four of them under his wing, Miyuki and the boys went to change into their hero costumes before meeting the number one hero in the training area of his agency. Miyuki was intrigued that the sidekicks had come to watch them, but she supposed she would be curious, too, if four first years had come to work under the number one hero.

As they came to stand in front of Endeavour, Miyuki's gaze drifted to the ash-blonde standing beside her and unwittingly eyed him in his winter uniform. Katsuki found himself doing the same for her. When they locked gazes, they blinked at each other before slowly looking away, their faces warming up.

"I will train you four," Endeavour announced. "But before that, Deku, Hikari, and Bakugo, tell me about yourselves. Tell me what you need to work on right now and what you can do."

"I want to be able to control my power and perform at my fullest," Izuku spoke first.

"Your Quirk has a super strength so strong you hurt yourself... right?" Endeavour inquired.

"Yes," Izuku answered. "I found a way to control it enough to not injure myself. But..." Miyuki glanced at him. "Well, after all this time, um... There's like, this secondary thing... like, um... it's started manifesting in a different way..."

As he struggled to explain his new Quirk, the half-and-half girl thought she heard the sound of grinding teeth. It didn't take long for her to find the source as she looked at Katsuki's annoyed expression.

"Show me," Endeavour told the green-haired boy.

She and Katsuki watched closely, ready to act if anything were to go awry, as Izuku produced a small wisp of his Blackwhip.