◆Chapter 121◇ (Part 2)

Up in the cage, Miyuki stared at her brother and Izuku on the ground. Her first instinct was to jump; join the fight there with them and help her best friend stand against him. But she still couldn't move as much as she would've liked no matter how much she willed herself to. Holding up Kronos was draining so much of her energy, too, and with the army of Twices flooding into the cage through Kurogiri's Warp Gates made the effort strenuous. She was grateful for Gentle's trampoline of air, though. Thanks to him, she conjured a luminescent wall to keep the clones at bay and stopped more from pouring over into the area where the other students were.

Yaoyorozu-San and Hatsume-san are gonna get UA back into the air soon. In the meantime...

She turned her gaze back to the decimated city below. Izuku and Zin stood in the middle of the destruction, the latter attempting to free himself from Black Whip's restraints with his Light. Her brows shot up in surprise as bolts of lightning bolts streaked down from the cloudless sky towards them, a few of them striking the dome as they fell.

"Jeez...!" she grunted, fighting to keep her balance as the entire cage shook and tilted.

From the corner of her eye, she saw Mirio holding up Katsuki's body with Best Jeanist, the two struggling to keep themselves upright. Without wasting another moment, she adjusted her grip and Kronos mimicked her actions, twisting his spear and increasing the speed of the wind until the school started to move back into its upright position. She exhaled as more cracks appeared on her skin, wincing from a sudden pinprick of pain.

She didn't have to look to tell what it was that was doubly affecting her now, her mind going back to that instant of a second when all five of Zin's fingers touched her.

This is... Shigaraki's Quirk... Decay!

Miyuki's mouth wavered, fear creeping into her heart.

So why wasn't she dead yet?

"Onee-San!" Mirio called out, distressed. "Are you okay?!"

"Never better," she replied with a smile to relieve him, feeling none herself. Straining against the overwhelming limits of her Quirk, Miyuki pushed herself to her knees. "Mirio-senpai, you three need get closer together under the shield I'm going to create. Before Toga's clones turn this place upside down."

"No way! You're using so much of your Quirk already to keep this place up, so don't worry about us." Mirio reassured her with a smile of his own. "Save your energy for your brother. I know you want to save everything... protect everyone... but right now, Deku is going up against that monster by himself..."

"Yeah," Miyuki said, looking out at the barrage of lightning bolts streaked streaking toward the ground. She pursed her lips, fear for her best friend rushing through her heart. "I have to go help him. He was never meant to fight Zin on his own..." she looked at Katsuki's body again then at Best Jeanist. "Mirio-senpai..."

"I know." He smiled confidently. "I'll keep him and the others safe, Onee-San, don't worry."

Arms still folded over her chest, eyes shining brighter, she jumped off the battle Cage at breakneck speed. Then, heart beating rapidly, uncertainty at what she was about to do clouding her mind, Miyuki forced her arms apart and grabbed one of the lightning bolts and, as if swinging from a vine, propelled herself to the ground.

She caught Gentle's eye as she went down. His eyes widened as he watched, almost in slow motion, as she passed him by, swinging across from bolts of lightning. Beside him, Kronos started to fade and the twister of light and shadow disappeared, surging around Miyuki's body as she drew closer to the place where Zin tried to break free of Izuku's Blackwhip with his Light Quirk.