◆Chapter 76◇

"Let's go!" Fat Gum announced suddenly, being the first one to head for the door.

"Fat!" Ejirou exclaimed, still reluctant to leave Tamaki behind.

"To that door!" Fat Gum persisted.

Miyuki glanced at Tamaki before shooting a look at her father, wondering - if it were her in this case, would he have done the same? She knew he would've; just like Tamaki, despite the insecurities and meekness in them both, to break through that shell with a courageous fist in order to be bold and reach their goal, he would've let her.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Setsuno shouted. "Wait, wait!" Aizawa turned to look at him and he froze. "Again...!"

"Amajiki, I used my Quirk on the three of them," Aizawa informed him shortly after taking out Tabe. "Bind them up before the effect wears off."

"Everyone!" Tamaki called. He slammed the villains into the wall, rendering them unconscious. "Please take care of Mirio! He's definitely going to try too hard, so please help him!"

"Senpai..." Miyuki breathed. Tamaki looked at her over his shoulder, his unwavering confidence shining through beneath the hood of his hero costume. She nodded before turning to leave, too. "Deku, let's go!"

"Fat! You're going to leave him alone like that?" Ejirou asked as they ran down the corridor. "What are you thinking?"

"He's from your agency, so I left that decision to you," Rock Lock said, "but frankly, isn't he in trouble?"

"He's stronger than anyone here," Fat Gum responded. "But he was weak emotionally. He crushed himself with pressure to do things perfectly. He climbed up to be part of U.A.'s Big Three under those conditions. Someone like that declared he could completely shut them down! So... all I can do is leave it to him!"

It was just them now. Separated from the other heroes and her friends, Miyuki felt herself gradually become more concerned. Ochaco, Tsuyu, and Nejire were no doubt still fighting on the ground, now Mirio and Tamaki were out of her sights, too. But she pushed herself not to worry about them - their goal was clear, and no matter where from, they all were running towards it. They wouldn't allow themselves to be stopped until they achieved it.

"Amajiki senpai... I wonder if he's all right..." Ejirou spoke up. "I can't help but worry about him..."

"Yeah..." Izuku added.

"But!" Fat Gum shouted suddenly, startling the three teenagers. "Once you've left him to guard your back, you'll trust him to do it if you're a man!"

"I'm sure he'll be fine!" Ejirou declared confidently.

"That was too quick!" Miyuki pointed out, shocked by his sudden change in tone.

"That just makes you seem like someone who's easily swayed!" Izuku added, just as stunned.

"I'm worried, but all I can do is trust him!" Ejirou exclaimed.

"We can't waste a second of the time Suneater got for us!" Fat Gum announced.

"All right!" Ejirou shouted, suddenly fired up.

"He's too into this," Rock Lock commented.

"This is weird," Miyuki stated, eyes narrowing slightly as she briefly activated her Quirk. "It's too quiet... and the ground's no longer rolling. In fact, that guy isn't moving at all."

"It is weird that the guy who was moving the basement hasn't shown any movement..." Aizawa agreed.

"Now that you mention it, nothing's twisting or turning," Izuku realized.