◆Chapter 114◇

Shortly after everyone finished dressing into their hero costumes, Miyuki followed behind her classmates as they all made their way outside into the courtyard to train. After fixing the gauntlets from her hero costume around her wrist, the half-and-half girl found herself looking up out into the wide, open space as everyone went to their own respective places, and she hummed quietly to herself when she realized someone was missing from her classmates - but who?

It looks like everyone is here... she thought, pursing her lips. Everyone except for Hagakure-Chan... but I swore I could've seen her just now... or, rather, her gloves...

Miyuki decided not to think too much on it. Toru was most likely still inside and would join them all soon enough. Still, she couldn't help but feel concerned about the invisible girl's absence and hoped everything was alright with her, and Yuga, too -

"Miyuki-San!" Ejirou called, pulling her out of her train of thought as he jogged over to her. "Let's get started!"

"Oh, yeah. Right," she responded, streaks of light surrounding her body as she got into a fighting stance across from the redhead. "Say, would you happen to know where Hagakure-Chan is? Or Aoyama-Kun?"

"I haven't seen 'em," Ejirou answered. "Why? What's going on?"

"Nothing, nothing..." Miyuki quickly replied, flashing a smile to assure him. "I might've just been getting into my own head a little. Anyway, what would you like me to do to you first?"

He pounded his Hardened fists together, his face splitting into a wide grin. "Hit me with everything you've got! No holding back, okay?!"

"Okay!" Miyuki said, giving him a thumbs up, then making a rectangle with her fingers as if she were about to take a photo. Streaks of electricity zipped between them, gradually becoming faster as they began to converge in the center. "I'll try this thing I've been wanting to do for a while now first. Here I go!"

When she saw Ejirou had activated his Quirk, Miyuki unleashed her new move on his Hardened body, brightening up their surroundings in a dazzling dark light momentarily. It died down slowly, and when it had nearly faded, Miyuki's hands flew to her mouth, her eyes wide with surprise when she saw her red-haired friend had skidded back nearly to the end of the courtyard, but she was relieved to see he was mostly unharmed despite the ridges his feet had made in the solid ground.

"That was good!" Ejirou exclaimed from where he was, smoke rising from his body as he made his way back to her. "Alright, let's go again!"

Miyuki shook out her hands, a tingling sensation running through her skin and she looked down. There were no cracks or tattooes littering her skin, which she was thankful for, but she'd had to be more careful when she used that move in the future. Unlike the other times when she combined her shadows and light, this one surprisingly required a maximum input of sunlight from her surroundings and her body in order for it to work in the way she wanted it to.

I'm just going to have to do my best, she thought, positioning her fingers in the same way before as she readied to use her Quirk again. And get used to this move!

Biting the inside of her cheek, Miyuki dug her heels into the ground and blasted Ejirou once more just as he activated his Red Gauntlet move to defend against her attack. This time, he wasn't blown as far back as before and she smiled with pride when he actually managed to catch her attack with his bare hands, the ground cracking beneath his feet as he tried pushing it back as he approached her. Miyuki increased the output of her attack and Ejirou pushed back harder. This carried on until they both cancelled each other out and they both stumbled.