◆Chapter 79.5◇

All Might, Miyuki, and Present Mic stepped out of the sports center and waited for Shoto and Katsuki to arrive from the changing room. Miyuki raised her head towards the clouds, admiring their bright orange hue as a gentle breeze tickled her face. Her shoulders sagged and she briefly closed her eyes, allowing herself to sink into the moment.

It was so hard to believe just one day had gone by. It felt like a thousand hours had passed since her father passed away. Her heart still felt hollow and the tears she'd been holding back were momentarily forgotten as she watched her friend's interact with those children; as she watched their faces brighten with smiles and laughter...

Miyuki looked back down, a gentle expression upon her face, and a light sensation sparking within her heart. It felt too soon to say, but the hint of relief she felt ease her told her that this was the first step, albeit a small one...

'You'll become a finer hero than anyone else...'

I think...

She raised her head and looked forward.

I'm starting to see it, Papa. The future you saw me fighting for...

Miyuki exhaled softly, clasping her hands together.

I promise... I'll do my best and make you and Oka-san proud. I'll protect it with everything I can.

...the first step towards her healing.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard a set of rapidly approaching footsteps. She turned around and saw the teacher from Shiketsu and Seiji coming over to them, the latter blushing when they locked eyes.

The duo then began discussing Camie with All Might and Present Mic, seeing as Endeavour had his back turned to them. She listened in, curious as to how it took them until a few days after the exam to find out something wasn't right with her.

"Very well," All Might responded. "We will also do what we can."

Soon, Shoto, Inasa, Camie, and Katsuki emerged from the building, fully changed back into their school uniforms. Camie ran over to them immediately.

"Oh? What's going on, Shishikura?" Camie inquired curiously. "You chatting with All Might? Seriously, the Symbol! That's crazy, what were you talking about? Like, life and stuff?"

"We were talking about you, you dunce!" Seiji replied loudly.

"Seriously?" Camie asked. "Crazy."

"The reality is that the League has gone after a school that's not U.A.," her teacher informed. "Up until now, we have not had any especially deep interactions with U.A., but we were talking about coordinating in the future to share more information. We still do not know why you were targeted, Utsushimi. We are hoping to get a better idea of what they're after by working together."

"Craazy."

"This means joint trainings are also being considered for the future," Seiji told her. He turned to Miyuki and bowed, taking her hand again. "I look forward to working with you all in the future."

"Next time, I'll beat you up one-on-one," Katsuki gruffly told him, upset by how familiar he was behaving with the half-and-half girl and including everyone when he was only speaking to her.

"You're still behaving and speaking violently!" Seiji exclaimed in response. "Know your place!"

"I don't want to hear that from you," Katsuki calmly replied.