◆Chapter 54◇

Miyuki broke through the canopy of trees before she smashed into the ground. Her eyes peeled open, and as they did, the blood trickling from her forehead marred her vision. She turned her head slightly and a fire of pain shot through her skull.

Get up, Miyuki!

She hissed as she sat up. Her entire lower abdomen felt like it had been kissed with boiling water - it was hot, unbelievably hot, so much so that it almost felt cold. When she examined it, she saw the bottom half of her shirt was scorched and red burn marks littered her stomach.

So this is what it felt like to be hit with one of her own attacks. Yet it didn't make sense to the half-and-half girl. That villain, Zin, exhibited nothing to indicate he had a Quirk similar to hers when she and Izuku first encountered him at the Farewell Festival. He only summoned birds from his mouth that time. Could he have been hiding it? If so, then why?

He keeps calling me imouto-chan, too... but that can't be possible.

Can it?

As she climbed back to her feet, Miyuki realized she was standing in the middle of a small crater in the ground. That must have been from her crash landing just now. She got into a fighting stance, activating her Quirk as she examined her surroundings for any signs of-

VWOOOM!

Zin smirked slightly as he fired a blast of light towards his sister. He narrowed his eyes as the dust cleared and he saw there was blood splattered on the rocky earth amidst the crater. He clicked his tongue in annoyance.

Is she dead already? He crossed his arms and sighed disappointedly to himself. Well, that's not very hero-like at all.

Zin noticed a flash in the corner of his eye. In the next instant, Miyuki rushed towards him and swung her giant hammer at his torso. He caught the head of it with one hand and smirked.

"You want to -"

The weapon exploded in a burst of shadows. Miyuki dropped back down, the weapon disappearing from her hands as she prepared herself to land on the forest floor.

I think that bought me enough time to -

"That's a neat trick you pulled there, imouto-chan," Zin commented slyly from behind her. Miyuki whipped around and a cold chill ran through her when he disappeared right in front of her eyes. "Now let me show you one of mine!"

Just as the heels of her sandals crested the ground, the half-and-half girl felt her windpipe tighten as a hand surrounded with light roughly closed around her throat.

"Helios... Rush...!"

It was like being submerged in magma. His hand gripped only her neck, yet his Quirk sent unbridled heat through every inch of her body as he slammed her through a tree, the impact making her gasp for air despite there being none available to her as he squeezed her neck tighter when he slammed her through another at breakneck speed.

"I bet you're wondering a lot about me right now, aren't you, imouto-chan?" Zin asked as he stopped moving.

The dark spots clouding her vision didn't block the sight of his crazy smile as he held her up. Miyuki immediately summoned the shadows in the darkness around them to attack him, but Zin blew them away with a single burst of light.

"I'll tell you everything you need to know about me, okay?" He continued. "This is a family reunion after all. It's only right my kid sister knows something about her big brother before she kicks the bucket." He dropped her and put a foot on her chest to keep her in place.