◆Chapter 96◇

Now that the Todoroki's family dilemma was out in the open, it seemed like there was much more left for them to discuss than Miyuki originally thought as she found herself seated by the Chabudai next to Izuku and Katsuki again, listening to Fuyumi explain to them further.

From the few times he spoke about them, even vaguely, Miyuki knew Shoto had an older brother and a sister.

But she'd never heard of another brother's presence before.

"Your nii-san is...?" Izuku asked, also surprised to be hearing of this.

"Oh, you haven't told Midoriya-Kun, Sasaki-San, and Bakugo-Kun about Toya-Nii," Fuyumi realized, looking at Shoto.

"That's not something I'm going to volunteer," the half-and-half boy replied.

Miyuki frowned in sympathy, and understanding. She couldn't imagine he had any clear memories of his brother, at least some vague ones, but the emotion that came with them...

"Natsu and Toya-Nii were very close," Fuyumi explained. "They played together all the time. It happened soon after Oka-San was hospitalised. Her condition ended up getting even worse. Even Shoto couldn't go see her. But we got past that. Shoto went to visit her. Our family's been making progress. Only Natsu... can't let go of his hostility. In his mind, Dad killed Toya-Nii."

"So, that's why he was making that face," Katsuki commented. Miyuki looked to him, not quite understanding fully what he meant. But, she decided to let it go and looked away.

"Sorry to bring this up so suddenly," Fuyumi said quietly.

The corner of Katsuki's mouth downturned slightly, a disgruntled expression on his face. He didn't look up at the girl seated beside him - he didn't need to as he could sense the rigidity of her posture. He nearly looked up and glared at Shoto for dragging them into this, but he held himself back.

It infuriated him, seeing her eased expression wiped from her face. And what made him more so was probably that he couldn't have prevented it in any way.

"N-Not at all!" Izuku quickly said.

The five of them looked up when the door quietly slid open. Endeavour stood there, a solemn expression on his face. "It's time for me to take you back to school."

"Oh, yessir!" Izuku replied.

Outside, the vehicle was already parked by the curb. As she and the boys made their way towards it, Miyuki searched around for any sign of Natsuo, but saw no sign of him anywhere.

He's gone already?

"Thank you for the meal!" Izuku said, bowing respectfully. "It was very delicious!"

"Thank you!" Fuyumi responded with a grateful smile.

"Thank you, Fuyumi-San. It was a lovely dinner," Miyuki said gratefully, bowing as well. "I especially enjoyed your Sichuan mapo tofu."

"I'm glad to hear that, Sasaki-San," Fuyumi said, her smile widening at the younger girl's compliment. "It would be my pleasure to cook for you again. You must come back soon, Shoto and I would be happy to have you! Right?"

Her little brother nodded, although rather meekly. Katsuki grimaced at the half-and-half boy's expression and didn't hesitate to cut in.

"Teach me the Sichuan mapo tofu recipe!" He demanded loudly enough to hide the jealous intonation in his voice.

"Sure!" Agreed Fuyumi.

"I'll have her text it to me," Shoto informed him.

"Fuyumi."