◆Chapter 58◇

Soon after they escaped the crowd at the train station, Miyuki and the others met up with Shoto and Momo. The half-and-half girl felt relieved seeing them uninjured and safe, yet her heart remained troubled with the news of All Might's resignation. They took Katsuki to the police station and the rest of them returned to their homes afterwards.

When Miyuki stepped inside her house, she heard a soft bark and the next thing she knew, Poncho caught her off guard as he tackled her to the floor and affectionately licked her face. Her father wasn't home yet, so she decided to go up to her room and her puppy followed at her heels. After changing out of her disguise into a simpler outfit, Miyuki thought she'd take a brief nap before going downstairs to prepare supper. But her plans were foiled when she glanced at her desk.

Oh - that's right...

Miyuki ran her hand over the partially finished laptop on her table, chips, screws, and keyboard buttons scattered around it. It hadn't been that long since she left for the training camp, yet she completely forgot about it - this project she was working on before she left. The technological innovation at I-Island's Academy was phenomenal, and after learning about her maternal family's background, Miyuki decided to challenge herself. Fixing a computer was one thing, but making one proved to be more of a Herculean task than she imagined.

I should finish it off, the half-and-half girl decided as she sat down at her desk. She gathered her tools and equipment and began tinkering away at the unfinished device. I'll finish it off, take a nap, then prepare dinner before Papa comes home!

She dozed off half an hour later, as did Poncho at her feet. When Miyuki woke up, the sky beyond her open window was bathed in deep shades of indigo, orange, and pink as the sun set.

I fell asleep...? she asked herself, rubbing her eyes as she checked her phone. It buzzed as a message popped up on her screen -

Izuku: All Might wants to meet with us!
Miyuki: I'm on my way!

"Poncho, wake up. I'm going to see Izuku and All Might-sensei," Miyuki whispered as she quickly got up from her desk. "I'll return shortly." The puppy opened one eye before closing it again. She dashed for the door.

Mirai appeared in the corridor upon hearing quickened footsteps going down the stairs and saw Miyuki hastily putting on her sneakers in the Genkan. He looked at his daughter with concern. Why was she putting her shoes on in such a hurry? Where was she going?

"Miyuki," Mirai called as he approached her. The half-and-half girl quickly stood up and embraced him. His eyes widened with surprise at the sudden gesture.

"Welcome home, Papa," she greeted him before rushing for the door. She waved at Mirai over her shoulder. "There is somewhere I must go. I'll be back home soon, I promise!" Mirai frowned deeply.

"Miyuki! -"

The door swung shut as Miyuki raced down the street of her neighbourhood to Izuku's home. The green-haired boy was running out of his building complex by the time she reached, so they went to Dagobah Municipal Beach Park together.

"All Might!" Izuku called out. He ran towards the slim figure standing on the beach while Miyuki jogged behind him. "All Might!"

"Oh, you're finally here," the retired hero acknowledged as he turned to the two teenagers.

"All Might!" Izuku called again. Miyuki slowed down and scratched her cheek with a curious expression on her face when Izuku didn't stop running.