◆Chapter 10◇

As All Might continued explaining the rules of the Combat Training exercise, Miyuki was still struggling to come to terms with the fact that she was on the same team as the boy who wanted to rip off her head.

No... not literally...

She wondered how they were going to work together. She was used to training beside Izuku and on her own sometimes. Would they even make it through the first half of the match? How could they find a middle ground and work side by side?

Miyuki looked over her classmates, silently assessing them.

It depended on who they were up against, too. MoMo and Shoto were recommended students, which meant going up against either one would be an assured challenge. In such a case, they would most likely have to find a way to set aside their differences to win.

If it was someone like Minoru, then...

Miyuki sighed. What was she going on about? Working together based on the weighting of their opponents? She was giving herself false hope in that way, but there had to be a way for them to work together to do well in this exercise.

"The first two teams to fight..." All Might pulled out two balls, one from the 'Hero' box and another from the 'Villain' box. "...will be these guys! Team A will be the heroes, and Team D will be the villains! Everyone else, head toward the monitor room."

"Yes, sir!"

Miyuki watched as everyone who wasn't participating walked off to the monitor room, leaving her with her partner and the Hero team. She looked over at Team A - Izuku and Ochaco.

The brunette smiled determinedly and waved at her.

"Let's both do our best, Yuki-Chan! Don't hold back!"

"Y-Yeah! You too, Ochaco-Chan!"

Katsuki rolled his eyes. They stopped on Izuku, who was sharing a smile with his friend.

Deku... were you making a fool out of me the entire time?!

The green-haired boy felt like he was being watched. He looked to the side and met Katsuki's glare.

He looked away, perturbed.

'Izuku... you're really cool!'

'Let's be heroes...!'

Izuku clenched his fist. He faced Katsuki determinedly, and that was something that angered the ash blonde boy.

Miyuki looked at the childhood friends. There was a strained energy between them.