🖤Face the Future💚

Miyuki stifled a yawn as she packed up her books.

She'd gotten so used to All Might's 'American Dream Plan' that getting up before sunrise was no longer a requirement but a habit. She kept up her training and her jogging was more pleasant now with Dagoba's beautiful horizon now on full display. She missed seeing the animals, though, especially the dogs. They were scruffy, dirty, and probably had rabies, but something about her mornings just felt... empty without them. She hoped they were somewhere safer or, at least, better.

Dogs are just too precious for this world.

"Have you found someone to go with yet?"

"Yeah, Damian invited me. What about you?"

"I invited my sister!"

"Oh, she's back in town?"

"Suko-Kun! Have you found someone to go with yet?"

Miyuki watched with interest as her classmates flitted around the classroom, conversing excitably and cheerfully. No one was in uniform seeing as they all only came to pick up their belongings and get ready for the upcoming farewell celebrations.

"Leave quietly, everyone!" The homeroom teacher told them. "No need to make a fuss. The festival won't run away and your kouhais still have class."

"We'll miss you, sensei!"

"Yeah, yeah."

Miyuki chuckled to herself, putting away the last of her books. She was about to leave when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

"Yeah?" She turned around.

It was the Class President!

"Have you found anyone to take to the festival, Shizuka-san?"

"N-No, not yet."

"That's a shame. It's always best enjoyed with friends." He bowed halfway then waved as he left. "Anyway, bye!"

"What was that?"

"Was he asking her to go with him?"

"Doesn't look like it. Not that I'm surprised. Shizuka never comes to these things."

"Yeah. Who would she go with?"

"More like who would go with her..."

Miyuki sighed under her breath and got ready to leave this hell of a classroom one last time.