◆Chapter 97◇

The next morning, when she woke up, the air was heavy and filled with the scent of caramelised apples. She felt extremely warm, too, but soon realized why as her eyes opened slowly to greet the wisps of light seeping into his room.

Some time during the course of the night, their positions had shifted. Katsuki's arm was slung over her waist, pulling her flush against him and her arms were wrapped loosely around his chest.

Raising her head from where it rested in the crook of his neck, Miyuki looked up at the sleeping boy and a soft smile made its way onto her face as she saw his relaxed expression. The gentleness of his features like this, in his sleep - it was a rare sight, and her smile widened as she gazed at him.

His room was still dim from the early morning light, and she soon found she didn't mind the warmth as her eyes fluttered closed once more. Usually, her mind wandered off to the possibilities of the day ahead, but she found herself unable to do such a thing as she nestled further into the ash-blonde's arms.

When she woke up again, Miyuki felt something softly caress her face. Opening her eyes, she found Katsuki already awake and looking down at her with the same eased expression upon his face, his hand dropping from her cheek back to her side where it had previously been.

"Good morning," she greeted him softly, a small smile drifting onto her face.

"Good morning," he replied, his voice muffled slightly by his pillow as he looked at her. She covered her mouth as a yawn passed from her lips. "Did I wake you up?"

"No, you didn't," Miyuki answered. "I didn't wake you, did I? Sorry for making you stay up so late... and thank you for letting me sleep here." She averted her gaze downwards as a gentle blush tinted her cheeks. "You understand my emotions quicker than I can. I didn't realize until later how nervous I was..."

"It's fine," Katsuki responded before adjusting the blanket so it covered her more. "You don't have to apologize or thank me for anything - I wasn't going to leave you alone so late."

Miyuki's face warmed gradually upon hearing his words and she soon found that there was no need for the blanket covering her as he placed himself on top of her. Miyuki's eyes widened in surprise, but he simply laid his head on her chest, next to her heart, getting comfortable in his new position as he wrapped her in his arms again.

"Go back to sleep," he mumbled, eyes already closing as he listened to the rhythmic beat of her heart. "It's still early."

"...Not yet," Miyuki whispered. She laughed softly when he raised his head to look at her in confusion. She placed a hand on his head, briefly running her fingers through his spiky hair. "What? I like spending as much time as I can with you. Even if we don't speak or talk about anything together... as long as you're there, I'm glad."

His hold around her tightened as he looked into her tranquil eyes, the comforting presence she provided bringing a soothing sensation upon him as he felt the trust and care she had for him resonate through her words.

'I'm not afraid of you... any of you...'

His body stiffened when he felt her shift, but he soon relaxed when he felt her warm lips gently touch his forehead. Within that moment, he was taken back to the night they kissed each other and he found himself wanting to do it again - and again, and again, his lungs be damned.

Yet, even as his heart beat frantically at the thought of feeling her lips against his again, another part of him felt satisfied enough with this - having her there in his arms, her heart beating steadily like the sounds of a soft drum in the silence.

"Sleep," he spoke up, eyes already closed as he blushed.

"You always call Izuku a nerd, but you're a pretty big one yourself, Ka-Chan," Miyuki replied, partially teasing. She laughed lightly when he cracked an eye open at her.