◆Chapter 66◇

"I'll take care of the wind that's in the way!"

Gang Orca shot an ultrasonic wave at him. Inasa moved out of the way, but the henchmen shot him back into place in time for the 'villain's' Quirk to hit him directly. He yelled out in agony and Miyuki looked on, concerned. Was he not holding anything back?

"Impact!"

"It's a teamwork play between us and the boss!"

"I'll harden up all the examinees nice and solid!"

"Hey!" Shoto called out as Inasa fell from the sky. Before he could do anything to help him, Gang Orca grabbed him by the throat.

"You reap what you sow," he said, using his Orcinus Quirk on him at point blank range before Shoto could attack him.

"While the boss is at it, let's go mess up the evacuation shelter!"

"All right!"

Miyuki looked up from where they were and saw the swarm of 'villains' racing towards the evacuation site. The half-and-half girl got up and ran ahead of Izuku and Yo, constructing a thicker wall using her right side to give more time for the victims to escape to the evacuation area.

"Get out of the way!" Yo told Izuku who was holding him up, and rushed forward to send another wave of tremors that pushed back the pseudo-lackeys as the ground beneath them broke apart.

"Shindo-San!" Izuku exclaimed in surprise. Miyuki turned around to look at him, stunned. "I thought you couldn't move because of Orca's ultrasonic waves!"

"Well, my extremities are still pretty numb, but sound waves and vibrations..." he trailed off as he gathered himself, "My brains get shaken pretty much every day from the recoil of my own Quirk, so I've built up some tolerance to them. Anyway... I was trying to get a surprise attack in with that to begin with!"

"Still, please be careful with yourself, Shindo-San," Miyuki spoke up, lowering her hand as Izuku sweat dropped at the Ketsubutsu second year.

"And then those two first years...!" He exclaimed, causing Miyuki to sweat drop, too. What was up with his sudden switch in persona? "I've stopped them. Put 'em out of action. Split up and get the remaining injured to the shelter!"

"Right!"

Izuku and Miyuki teamed up together and ran ahead, side by side towards the villains. They alternated with one another smoothly as if they'd practiced before, with Miyuki defending and Izuku attacking - then transferring to her going on the offense and him moving to defend her from surprise attacks.

They both looked up when a jet of flame and a gust of wind surged around Gang Orca, trapping him in a fiery prison. Miyuki looked at the two first years who, despite their paralysed conditions, still managed to come together.

This momentary ceasefire eventually caught the attention of Gang Orca's henchmen as they turned around and, seeing the situation their boss was in, attempted to help him.

"Hey, behind you!"

"The boss is trapped by a spiral of flame!"