◆Chapter 46◇

"All Might?!" Izuku, Katsuki, and Miyuki exclaimed in shock.

"Work together to beat me, you three!" All Might told them. The colour drained from Miyuki's body as she looked at Izuku on her right and Katsuki on her left.

Miyuki wished now more than ever she could see the future. But did she really need to in order to get a picture of how this could end?

"And now we'll announce the teams and the teachers they'll be up against all at once!" Principal Nezu said, and Miyuki looked up.

1st Match - Sato & Kirishima vs. Cementoss
2nd Match - Asui & Tokoyami vs. Ectoplasm
3rd Match - Iida & Ojiro vs. Power Loader
4th Match - Yaoyorozu & Todoroki vs. Eraser Head
5th Match - Uraraka & Aoyama vs. Thirteen
6th Match - Ashido & Kaminari vs. Principal Nezu
7th Match - Jirou & Koda vs. Present Mic
8th Match - Shoji & Hagakure vs. Snipe
9th Match - Mineta & Sero vs. Midnight
10th Match - Midoriya, Bakugo, & Sasaki vs. All Might

"The time limit for the exam is thirty minutes!" Principal Nezu informed them. "Your objective is to either put these handcuffs on the teacher, or to have one of you escape from the stage!"

"Capture the teacher or escape..." Denki muttered thoughtfully. "It's kind of like the combat training."

"Is it really okay to run away?" Mina asked, raising her hand.

"Yup," Principal Nezu replied simply.

"But it'll be different from the combat training!" Present Mic spoke up loudly. "You'll be up against someone waaaaaay better than you!"

"Better... than us?" Kyoka asked, and Koji tried to stop her seeing as they were teamed up together. "I can't really imagine it, though..."

"Dummy! Hey, girl! Watch your mouth! You hear?!" Present Mic exclaimed in English.

"This time, your exam will be very similar to a real battle," Thirteen explained, interrupting Present Mic. "Please think of us as villains."

"Assuming you come across the enemy," Snipe spoke up, "if you think you can win a fight against them, then that's fine. However -"

"In cases where there's too big a difference in your abilities," Aizawa continued, "it would be smarter to run away and get help. Todoroki, Iida, Sasaki, Midoriya - I'm sure you four understand this well."

"I won't make that mistake again," Tenya said as he looked down at his left hand. "I will pass this test and prove that!"

"Fight and win, or run and win," Izuku summarized.

"That's right!" All Might exclaimed. "Your decision-making skills are being tested! But with these rules, you're probably thinking the only choice is to run, right? That's why we had the support course make these for us!"

"Ultra compressed weights," Miyuki mumbled, observing the object All Might was showing them. "I've heard of those before. I think I found some once."

"That's right!" All Might confirmed. "We'll put on half of our body weight. It's to give you a handicap. It's old fashioned, but it makes it harder to move and it eats up stamina!"

"All Might-sensei, you're putting on all six of them? Are you sure...?" Miyuki asked, slightly concerned as the number one hero put two around his wrists and two around his ankles.