"Okay, I'll try to eat some dinner then."

"Yay. Come." She held out her hand and I helped her up. "I got you something."

"You didn't have to."

"I know." She followed me out of the bathroom and the room until we got downstairs to the kitchen. "Sit." She climbed onto one of the stools at the island and I washed my hands so I could make her plate.

"Not too much."

"Okay." I dished out the food and placed the plate in front of her before pouring her some juice. "Here you go."

"Thank you."

"I'll be right back." I left the kitchen to go get the stuff that I had bought her. I got her a dozen white roses, a little necklace, a card and a few self care items like her favourite candles and the whole works. "These are for you." I said with a smile as I walked back into the kitchen and her eyes welled up with tears.

"Come here you." She abandoned the food as she slid off the stool and pulled me into a hug seemingly not even interested in what I had gotten her but I knew that was far from it. "I love you so much and thank you."

"I love you too."
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I knocked on the door to my dad's office and waited for an answer which took forever but he eventually answered.

"It's open." I pushed the door open and went in to see him working at his desk. "Is everything okay?" He asked when he looked up and saw me.

"Everything is good." I plopped down in one of the chairs in front of his desk and scanned the room, just now realizing that there was someone else in here with him. "Are you busy?"

"Mi ave some work fi finish up, why?"

"Can you go to lunch with me and I need some money?"

"How much money are we talking?"

"Anything yuh wah give mi, mi nuh really a demand nthn cause a beg mi a beg."

"Suh two dollar good?"

"Be for real sir, wah two dollar can buy these days? Yuh nuh like si yuh only daughter smile?" He chuckled as he reached for his wallet that was on the desk next to his laptop and opened it. I watched him as he pulled a few brand new five and one thousand dollar bills from his wallet and handed them to me.

"Dat good?" He asked and I held up my hand to tell him to hold on while I counted it. "Well?" I counted thirty thousand dollars in total which made me super happy.

"Yes, thank you daddy." I said smiling as I pulled out my purse and put the money in. My dad wasn't like other dads who would make me work for anything because the whole point of him working so hard was so I didn't have to. That didn't mean he didn't teach me the ways of the world and how to appreciate how fortunate I was but he didn't believe in me struggling in the name of learning life lessons.

Me not asking for anything was just how I was as a person and I only asked for stuff when I needed it.

"Anything for you princess." He opened his mouth to say something but he closed it. "Denielle?"

"Yes sir."

"Y dis a seh yuh set di meeting wid Hoylett fi tomorrow wen mi ask yuh fi set it fi Thursday?"

"Remember that you have a flight to catch on Thursday so tomorrow you have an open slot that I used to your advantage. You're welcome."

"Thanks." She walked up to his desk with a folder and placed it in front of him.