35. Remember me

Harry's POV:

Why didn't I tell her that my dad can only remember me? I don't know. Maybe because I haven't seen him myself. Maybe I just need to get my head around it first. I don't know it for that long yet. But still, she's Emma, my girl, my girlfriend, my best friend, my little star, my tomato, my everything. Why can't I tell it to her? It's not like she'll break up with me or something.

We talked for hours on the phone until she fell asleep and I hung up a few minutes (half an hour) later. When I heard her voice all I could do was smile. But when she told me about Shawn...

Why would she tell everything to... to this guy, that isn't even a good friend of hers and not me? Just why?

I couldn't be upset to long about it.
It's after all her decision, not mine. I can't stop her from telling it to someone.
Of course I rather want her to tell me instead of some boy, but it's her decision. She's an independent woman after all.

I probably should try to sleep. I want to see my dad tomorrow after all.
~•~

"Brothy, brothy, wake up wake up wake upp!" I wake up from Anna screaming and jumping on my bed.
I sleepily rub my eyes "Goodmorning sweetheart. Did you sleep well?" I ask Anna as I try to calm her down and stop jumping on my bed.

"Yes! I slept AMAZINGGG! The bed was wayyy softer than at home" she rattles
"That's good, that's good. Okay, if you'll go to Kate and ask her if you can eat breakfast"
"They're already in the restaurant eating, I needed to wake you" she says with a proud smile on her face.
Okay, you can go back to them? I'll be there in a sec" she nods and happily skips her way out of my room.

A few minutes later I walk towards the restaurant in some jogs and a sweater. I've already texted Emma to tell her Goodmorning and ask her if she slept well.

When I arrive at the restaurant a look around searching for them, luckily Samantha waved at me and I walk over.

"Goodmorning everyone" I announce myself as I grab a chair and sit down.

"Morning" I look over to Kate, it looks like she hasn't slept at all. Samantha and Stacy are abnormally quiet.

"Everybody okay?" I ask them, Stacy only looks up and then continues to eat her breakfast. Samantha gives me a half smile and Kate doesn't even look up from her breakfast "alright" she then randomly says.

I look over at Anna, who's wearing her bear onesie  and slowly eats a toast with just butter. she look uncomfortable. "I heard from this little bear that she slept amazing!" I try to start a conversation but they don't respond on me.

What the fuck can happen in just a few minutes that they are like this? Cuz when Anna just woke me up she was so damn cheery.

"Okay, can anybody tell me what's going on?"

Kate looks up at me "huh? Nothing, we're just eating breakfast."

"Stop this crap, a minute ago Anna was all cheery and now..." I look over to Anna who's still eating her butter toast. "Did you tell them?"

All the girls immediately look up to Kate. Kate gives me an angry look but then focuses on the girls. "Your  dad woke up from his coma..." she looks at her breakfast, not able to say anything further.

"What? That's great news! Right?" Samantha gives me a questioning look.

"Yes, yes, that's good..." I look at Kate again, I'm not gonna tell them. I know it's hard for her to tell, but I already told them that dad was in the hospital, now it's her turn.

"Uuh... there's also bad news..." she doesn't look up from her plate "he- he... he can't remember... he can't remember us"

"What do you mean?" Stacy tries to sound calm, but she sounds everything except that.

"He doesn't remember you, Samantha, Anna, me.."

"And Harry?" Samantha asks looking at me "what about Harry? Does he remember him?"

"He- uh... he said his name... and... his nickname when he was younger..."

"But that doesn't mean that he'll recognise me... cuz we don't know how old he thinks I am" I help Kate out.

"So, if I got this correct; he doesn't remember us" Stacy points at herself, Samantha, Anna and Kate "but he may know Harry, but we're not sure if he's gonna recognise him?"

"Y-yes" a tear rolls down Kate's cheek

"Great! Just great!" Stacy stands up and walks out of the restaurant, Kate wants to follow her but I stop her.
"Let her, she just needs to be alone right now"

Samantha looks emotionless in front of her and Anna lets out a soft sob
I immediately get flashbacks to when I needed to tell the girls dad was in the hospital. But this time Emma's not here. She isn't here to make sure I'm alright, she isn't here to help me. I need to do it alone. Kate is here, but she's an emotional wreck as well. I need to be the man.

I hug Anna, telling her that it's gonna be alright, when in fact I don't know if it's gonna be alright, I don't know anything.
                                              ~•~

I enter the hospital room. His hospital room. I immediately see him laying on a bed. I almost didn't recognise him. All kinds of IV's are connected to him and he's so damn thin and pale.

I walk over to the bed.
"Hey... dad" can I call him dad? He's my dad, but does he remember me?
He looks up at me. First questioning than I see some kind of spark light up inside his eyes.

"H-Harry? My boy, is that you?"

"Y-yes, dad, it's me" I can't help it but smile. He remembers me.

"You got you're mothers nose" he randomly says

"Nose?" I laugh in myself "dad?"
"Yes"
"You- you can't remember anything about... about Kate?"

"Kate? I know a Kate... what was her last name again? Let me think..."

"No dad... I mean, you're new wife Kate and your daughters; Stacy, Samantha and Anna" I try to explain but I can see he's confused. He doesn't remember.

I stay with him for like 15 minutes and then a nurse says that I need to go.

Just when I leave the hospital Emma calls me. I quickly answer the phone. I still need to tell her!

"Hello, love" I answer her, a smile appears on my face. "What's up?"

"Hi... I'm not calling at a bad time right?" She sounds sad and I immediately get worried

"Never, but what's wrong, my star? You sound sad"

"O nothing, just wanted to hear your voice I guess"

"Okay, love, please don't lie to me, what's wrong?" I ask her again. I hear her let out a breath

———————————————————————————

I said a few chapters ago that I would update the playlist... so here it is!!

• born to die -Lana del Rey
• you are in love -Taylor swift
• start over -Jessica Baio
• crossed the line -Jessica Baio
• I wish you cheated -Alexander Stewart
• him -Cuban Ducrot
• water fountain -Alec Benjamin
• gone -Jessica Baio
• This love (Taylor's version) -Taylor Swift
• miss you -Louis Tomlinson
• if I never -Jessica Baio
• anatomy -kenzie
• daddy issues -the neighbourhood
• him & I -G-Eazy, Halsey
• I'm yours -Isabel laRosa
• keep driving -Harry Styles
• sweater weather -the neighbourhood
• till forever falls apart -Ashe, FINNEAS
• the one that got away -Brielle von hugel
• little freak -Harry Styles
• love of my life -Harry Styles
• older -Isabel LaRosa

That's it! I'll update here (and on Spotify: playlist: once a cheater, always a cheater) when I got a new song.

Hope you liked this chapter!
Have a lovely day/evening.
Lots of love,
Roos <3