10. Breath

"Emma?" I hear a man's voice say.
I try to control my breathing, but I can't. my tears cover my sight and I feel like I'm suffocating.
"I-I can't..." I try to say something but no sound comes out of my throat. I start to shake.
"Where are you, Emma?" I hear panic in the man's voice.

My head hurts, I can't breath, tears keep coming out of my eyes and I'm shaking, really bad.
I try to make a sound, any sound, but it won't come out of my mouth.

"Breath, Emma! Breath! Can you send me your location? Emma?!" I hear the panic in the man's voice grow.

"H-home." I manage to say, while I fall with my knees on the hard ground. I hear the sound of my phone falling on the floor, but the tears block my sight.

"I'm coming, Emma! I'm coming!! Just keep breathing!" Is the last thing I hear, (how is my phone not broken yet?) before everything goes black in front of my eyes.

Harry's POV:

Fifteen minutes after Emma left, Kate and Dad come home.
It's a shock they even came!
"Hey, Har." Kate says while she walks inside, she gives me a kiss. She walks towards the girls and start hugging them.
"Hey, son." My dad walks in with all the luggage. He puts everything down to give me a short hug.
"Hey, dad." I say back.

He walks towards the girls and gives them a short hug as well.
"We're not gonna stay very long, probably just a day, cuz we got a new client in Greece." He says. I see a sad expression form on Anna's face.
They always do this, first they promise they'll stay longer and when they finally come home they say one day and leave again. I hate them for doing that.

"Hey, dad? can a friend stay for a couple of days? Maybe even like a week?" I ask, I try to sound as less intrusive as possible.
"Who is it?" Kate asks before my dad can say anything.
Fuck! I could know they would ask this kind of questions, but still.
"You guys haven't met her yet, but I promise she is really nice!" I try to convince them.

"She?" My dad asks giving me a look.
Fuck!
"Yes... Emma, actually." I say, I feel a sweat breakdown.
"A girl? So you got a girlfriend?" He asks
"What, no... she is just a friend! Nothing more!" I try to convince them.
"Sure, hon." Kate randomly says.

"What? Kate... a girl! You don't know what they're gonna do!" My father contradicts her.
"So... he said that it's just a friend, we need to trust him, plus I had a lot of guy friends when I was his age." She calmly says back still looking at me.
"Fine, but don't disappoint us, son." My dad says in a serious voice.
YESSSSS.

"Of course not dad, thank you, thank you!" I say, maybe a little to enthusiastic.
"But... I wanna meet her at some point." My dad continues
"Yes of course! I totally understand!" I run upstairs.
I need to call her to tell the good news!

The first time I call her she doesn't answer, she hasn't texted or called me yet so she's probably talking with her parents or something.
Should I call her again?
I can try... if she doesn't answer this time I won't call again!

I call her again, the phone goes over.
"Emma?" I ask if she answers the phone.
I hear her breathing, it's heavy, really heavy.
"I-I can't..." she try's to say... but she stops mid sentences. Her breathing becomes even heavier.
"Where are you, Emma?" I ask while panic hits me. Did her parents did something to her, did they hurt her?

All I can hear is her heavy breath and sobs.
"Breath, Emma! breath! Can you send me your location, Emma!?" I try to stay calm, I have to go to her.

I few minutes passes, the only thing I can hear is her heavy breathing and sobs.
I already get my keys ready to get her.
"H-home." She finally says, I exhale my breath, which I unknowingly held in.

"I'm coming, Emma! I'm coming!! Just keep breathing!" I yell into my phone while I run out of my house and climb into my car.
"Emma! Do you hear me, love? Please keep breathing!!" I no longer hear her breath and I start to panic even more.

My car won't start, WHY NOW STUPID SHITTY THING! Always when I need this stupid car, it WON'T start.
so I get out and start running toward her home
When I'm halfway I see someone lying on the ground.
It looks like a girl...
EMMA?

I run towards her... and yes... it's Emma.
I see her phone lying next to her. It looks a bit broken, but I can't see it good cuz the screen faces the ground.

I immediately get on my knees next to her. I Get my phone and call the emergency service.
"991, what's your emergency" a women's voice says.
"My- my girl... I mean friend.... She... I don't really know... she called me... she sounded like she couldn't breath... I came rushing to her but now she lays on the ground... I-I..." I start crying.

"Sir, please stay calm, what's your name? And what do you need?" She says way to calm
"An ambulance- an ambulance!" I almost scream into my phone while I keep crying.

"Sir, please try to stay calm, what's your name?"
"H-Harry."
"Okay, Harry, the ambulance is on his way, did you check her heartbeat?" She asks, how can she stay so god damn calm?

"Fuck.. no!" Fuck fuck fuck!! How can I forget that!
"Do you know how you do that?" The woman asks
"Yes, I k-know how to do that." I say while I feel for her pulse.

"YES!" I scream into the phone
"She's alive!! O... fuck... I'm sorry." I apologise
"It's okay. You just gotta wait till the ambulance comes." She assures me.

A few minutes later the ambulance arrives, Emma is still not awake. But she's alive! And that's a huge relief.

a few minutes later I hear sirens coming and soon I see an ambulance.
they lift her into the ambulance on a stretcher.

they just want to leave when I realise I'm stil standing here.
"wait!!"
when a woman from the ambulance looks at me I walk over to her, I don't want to keep screaming.
"M-may I come along?"
"Of course! Are you her boyfriend?" She asks

"What? I wish, n-no I'm just a friend." I say while I climb in the ambulance and sit next to Emma who's laying on a hospital bed.
She looks pale and wears a breathing mask.

The ambulance starts moving again.