Chapter 21

All of us, except Rick stand in the cafeteria area of the cell block. Rick has been off on his own all morning and barely anyone has seen him since yesterday. We all crowd around a blank space on the floor where Glenn begins to draw up a map of the prison for us. Since Rick has been missing, Glenn has taken it upon himself to be the leader. Belle sits on my good knee and I hold onto her while they speak.

"You said you found Tyreese's group here?" Glenn says, pointing to section of the drawing.

Carl nods and Glenn becomes frustrated, "We secured this."

Carl leans forward and points at the diagram, "He thought he came through here."

"It means there's another breach. Okay, the whole front of the prison is unsecured. If walkers just strolled in then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men." Glenn says to us.

"Why are we even so sure he's gonna attack? Maybe you scared him off." Beth asks.

"This man had men fight each other in a ring full of walkers for pleasure, he is a sick man." I say, disgusted at the mere thought of the Governor.

"He had fish tanks full of heads. Walkers and humans, trophies. He's coming." Michonne states.

"We should hit him now." Glenn suggests.

"What?" Beth asks shocked.

"He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head." Glenn plans.

"We're not assassins." Carol says as Glenn stands up.

"You know where his apartment is, you and I could end this tonight." Glenn says, walking up to Michonne.

"I'll do it myself." He says and after a while Michonne nods in agreement.

"Okay." Glenn nods.

"He didn't know you were coming last time, and look what happened." Hershel says, looking at Glenn's injuries.

"You were almost killed, Daryl was captured and you and Maggie were almost executed." Hershel states.

"You can't stop me." Glenn says, walking up to Hershel.

"Rick would never allow this." Hershel points out.

"You really think he's in any position to make that choice?" Glenn asks.

"Think this through clearly, T-Dog lost his life here, Lori too. The men that were here, it isn't worth anymore killing. What are we waiting for? If he is really on his way, we should be out of here by now." Hershel says.

"And go where?" Glenn asks.

"We lived on the road all winter." Hershel reminds him.

"Back when you had two legs and we didn't have a baby crying for walkers every four hours." Glenn counters.

"We can't stay here." Hershel says.

"We can't run." Glenn argues.

Maggie walks off into the cell block and I look after her, worried about her.

"Alright. We're gonna stay out and we're gonna defend this place. We're making a stand." Glen says with finality.

"Carl, you and I are gonna go down to the tombs. We need to figure out where the breach is." Glenn turns to Carl.

"You to got it." Carl says.

"You'll need some help." Michonne steps forward.

Glenn shakes his head, "No, in case anything happens I need you out here."