𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 || 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐢

it wasn't hard to tell just by looking at him, eagan had a past. he had a history of long arguments and screaming fights with his parents. he had a long list of people who would surely like him dead. he had many fallen out friendships and relationships as well.

until he met you, he saw life in black and white. everyday was a wake up, eat, sleep, and repeat situation. he never managed to do anything good in anyone's eyes, only screw things up for himself even more.

lots of people would agree that flight 828 should have never happened. for a while, that included him. five and a half years were stolen from their lives in the span of a flight. they came back to nothing.

eagan regretted the fact that he boarded 828 every single day for months. that was until a specific calling led him to you. the two of you wound up in a coffee shop, both hearing the words, "find him." and "find her." on repeat in your heads.

"excuse me, i'm so sorry." you say, accidentally bumping into a shorter man with dark facial hair. he gave you a rude stare for a moment, until the thought clicked in your heads at the same moment. the voices had stopped. you had found eachother.

the two of you sat there staring at each other for a moment in silence. he decided to make the first approach. "what do you say i buy you a coffee and we chat for a bit?" he asks you, nodding his head over towards the ordering counter.

you place your order at the counter, and reach into your purse for your wallet, but the man decides to cover it by handing the barista a 10 dollar bill.

"you didn't have to-" you start, but he cuts you off. "don't worry about it." he finishes. he grabs both of your coffees and leads you into a small booth in the corner of the shop.

"i don't think i got your name." you say. he looks up from the table and reaches out one of his hands. "eagan, eagan tehrani." he says simply. "i'm y/n." you reply, hesitantly shaking his hand in return.

"let's cut to it. we were both on that god-awful flight. you were hearing voices in your head, yeah?" eagan asks. multiple passengers had reported recieving callings in all sorts of ways over the last few weeks. you on the other hand, had kept to yourself and kept quiet, afraid of what the government could do.

"uh- yeah. i was." he was the first person you were officially admitting this to. it felt good to get it off your chest. "i kept hearing, find him, over and over inside my head." he chuckled and leaned back, his arms crossed across his chest. "and i thought i was going nuts for hearing find her on repeat." he lets out a loose smile.

"well..." you tap your fingers against the coffee shop table. "now what?"

that was over three years ago. eagan's life had done a complete 180 from that point forward. that was the day he realized not all callings were bad, some of them truly were blessings.

he swore he came back to life the moment he first kissed you. it was raining on the sidewalks over new york, and just like in those cheesy rom-com's, he had his jacket over the two of you so you wouldn't get wet.

in that moment, he wasn't sure whether it was a calling or himself, but he kept hearing the words 'kiss her' running through his mind. he followed the voice and pressed his lips tightly to yours. everything after that was history.

he was sure that the best version of him had his arms around you.