𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤 || 𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

you didn't know it that day, the day you chose to take the later flight home. you didn't know that was the day you life would change forever.

5 D. that was your seat number. the same row as micheala, ben, and cal stone. right across the isle. during the turbulence, you saw looks of terror in the blonde girls eyes as she held on to her nephew.

the rest of the flight was normal, you made touchdown at the nearest airport, stewart international. you were expecting a normal, routine landing. when you hit the runway, outside the windows were filled with red and blue flashing lights.

the passengers looked around at one another. no one was hurt or injured, what were all the lights for?

you pulled out your cellphone, but you couldn't get service. the two people to the left of you were asleep, so you called across the isle.

"hey, do you guys have any service?" you asked. ben and micheala turn their heads in your direction.

"no, i got nothing." the man says, showing you his phone. "yeah, me neither." the blonde girl says, trying to mess with the settings on her phone, but to no avail.

everyone began to step off the flight, single file. there were at least 10 police cars waiting on the airstrip. a man stepped out of a van, and began to announce to the 191 passengers.

"ladies and gentlemen. you have all been missing and presumed dead for 5 1/2 years. you left jamaica on april 7th, 2013. today is november 4th, 2018."

gasps flew throughout the crowd. people began to sob. there were people who left their kids behind, 5 years ago. you weren't from here, this was your first time in new york.

you nudged the blonde girl next to you, who you didn't know was micheala at the time. "this doesn't normally happen does it?" you ask, trying to joke and make the best of the situation.

"well, considering where we are, all i have to say is welcome to new york." she chuckled.