𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 || 𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳

the death date was coming up. jared knew how stressed you were. on top of following callings 24/7, ben and the two girls were stuck at the detention center. you wanted to talk to them more than anything, but you had no way.

the stress piled on and on, and you can't continue to fill a glass of water and not expect it to overflow. that's exactly what happened. your emotions overflowed, you couldn't handle anymore.

you slid down the wall in your bedroom at tarik's old house. you held your head in your hands as the tears began to slide down your face. you prayed cal wouldn't see you like this. if your nephew walked in, he'd try even harder than he already had been on the callings.

the sobs erupted throughout your body, your back shaked as salty tears fell into your lap.

"(y/n), where are you?" you heard jared call out in the hallway. before you had time to reply, or even wipe any of the tears from your eyes, your boyfriend walked through the doorframe of the room the two of you shared.

he first looked at the bed, but then saw you on the floor, head held low in your hands. he'd seen this happen to you before. not often, but enough to know what to do.

he walked over and held you in his arms. your back was now leaning against his chest. you leaned your head back onto his shoulder, holding his hands in yours.

"jay, i can't do it. i don't wanna die. we still have lives to live. the lives we could've had if 828 never happened." tears continued to stream down your face.

he plants a soft kiss to your cheek. "what was that phrase your mom used to say? all things happen for good, (y/n). we have to look to the future with the possibility that everything will be alright." he repeated some of the phrases your family has used to reassure one another over the years. "don't waste your miracle on your pain."

you couldn't lie, they always worked. looking to the future negatively would only manifest that energy into your life. if you looked at it negatively, that's all your life ever would be. you didn't want that. you wanted happiness. the happiness you should've had, the happiness you deserved.

you wanted the ring, the wedding, the family house, the kids running around, all of it. you saw the family your brother had, his three beautiful kids. the kids who turned into amazing people. you could only wish to be as good of a mother as grace was one day. to raise kids as beautiful and wonderful as she had.

"you still have me. you'll always have me, (y/n). i'm not going anywhere. don't worry." he whispered softly. he whispered sweet nothings into your ear as you breathing calmed, the tears slowed and eventually stopped. you fell asleep, right there in his arms.