𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 || 𝐭𝐣 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧

you were tossing and turning in your bed, trying to get at least a few hours of sleep. you glanced over at the clock on your bedside table, reading the time 12:13 in bold red letters.

you reached for your phone, only having one idea in your head. you scrolled for tj's contact, typing in a quick message.

"can't sleep, meet me at our spot?"

read: 12:14

"of course, be there in 10."

you rolled out of bed, fishing your car keys out of the dish by your front door, and backing out of your driveway in your car.

10 minutes later, just as the two of you had said, you sat across from one another at the nearest waffle house.

you slid into the booth, smiling at him softly. neither of you had bothered to change out of your pajama's. you saw tj wearing a grey t-shirt, fitting his figure perfectly, and blue plaid printed pajama pants. you were sitting in a loose t-shirt and comfy pajama shorts.

"what was up tonight?" tj asked, picking up the menu. you already practically knew his order by heart, with the amount of late nights you were here. he always looked at the menu though, just in case.

"i kept tossing and turning, thought one of our midnight coffee sessions would be nice." you said, giving him a sweet grin. he reached a hand across the table, interlocking his fingers with yours and giving them a slight squeeze as his eyes still danced over the menu.

the waiter walked up to your table. she had a sweet smile written on her face, but dark, tired eyes. you always felt bad for the waiters who worked these night shifts, so you and tj always made sure to tip extra.

"i'll have a waffle, extra maple syrup on the side please, and a small coffee, if you could." you said calmly.

tj ordered his usual, the same one you knew he would. he didn't let go of your hand the entire time either of you were ordering.

neither of you had made it out right clear to everyone you were a couple, but if they asked, you'd say yes. out of every date he's taken you on, your midnight coffee sessions had always been your favorite.

the restraunt was always practically empty, tonight, the two of you being the only ones in the restaurant aside from the waiters.

in the corner sat your favorite jukebox, 25 cents a song. tj always gave you a quarter to go and pick a song, sometimes two quarters if you were lucky. tonight was no different, he slipped a cold silver quarter into the palm of your hand, nodding his his head towards the jukebox.

you ran over excitedly, playing one of your favorites. before you could walk back over to the table to sit down and listen, tj was standing up next to you, pulling you close. "may i have this dance?" he chuckled. "of course." you smiled up at him.

he spun you around and rocked you back and forth to the best of the song, all the wait until the very last note. as the last lyric faded out, he pressed a sweet kiss to your lips. you could taste the coffee on his tounge, the french vanilla sweetener he always used.

you heard a few whistles from the employees in the back, causing the two of you to break away and laugh.

the two of you knew you wouldn't trade your coffee's at midnight for anything. you had already even planned on telling these stories to your kids one day.