𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮? || 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐢

your head was pounding. it felt like you'd be kicked to the curb and stomped on, everything inside of you was crushed. tears flew down your cheeks. why, why did it have to be over? your mind flashed with every happy memory you had ever made with him

* FLASHBACK *

the two of you were standing together on the lawn, watching your favorite band sing their acoustic song. the two of you swayed back and forth, eagen standing behind you with two arms wrapped around you.

the soft light lit over the musicians on stage, instruments in hand as they softly played the beautiful melody. they all had a soft, adoring look on their faces. the audience was their entire world.

your entire world was holding you in his arms.

the music bounced off the walls of the amipheatre and onto the field. you felt the occasional soft kiss to your cheek or neck, mostly after a loving lyric. the lyrics felt perfect. the song felt perfect. everything in that moment was perfect to you.

* END OF FLASHBACK *

the tears weren't stopping. they just kept falling down your cheeks, staining the t-shirt hanging on your shoulders.

why couldn't it all be simple? why couldn't life just be fucking easy? why did he have to end it? you loved him, you knew that. you loved him more than you thought you could ever love anyone. you didn't even know love could feel like that.

* FLASHBACK *

coney island. it had always been your favorite. the view over the water as the sunset, the cotton candy and the boardwalk games.

the two of you were walking along the rows of different carnival styled games, hand in hand when a certain stand caught your eye. they had all sorts of stuffed animals, but a particular one had you in love.

"five bucks if you can win one of those plush ducks." you said to eagen, pointing out one of the little stands. the wall was covered in balloons. you were given five darts and had to hit at least three balloons to win.

"deal." he said, walking his way up to the stand. you handed the vendor the money and watched as he contemplated his shot, closing one eye to try and focus. it was frankly adorable.

you heard the first balloon pop. you saw the tiny red one stuck to the wall deflate. one.

he picked up the next dart, deciding where to take his next shot. he shoots and he scores, a yellow one deflating. two.

his third and fourth shots were misses. one almost hit the vendor right in the chest, it would've, had he not moved himself out of the way in time.

you were smirking, wondering whether you'd have to pay up. it all depended on this last balloon.

he shot the last dart, hitting the board. pop, there went the last one, a tiny green balloon on the board. eagen gave himself a quiet cheer before grabbing the duck off of the pillar.

"congratulations, have a nice day, lovebirds." the vendor said, waving as the two of you walked off. eagen hated it when people commented on your relationship in public, but you smirked at him as he knew how much you loved it.

you walked down the boardwalk with him, the sun setting in beautiful shades of pink and orange and the goose in your arms, eating a wrap of cotton candy he'd boughten you with the five dollars you gave him.

* END OF FLASHBACK *

the smell of eagen's cologne stick stuck to the fabric, even through all the salty tears that had covered his limp plush body.

the scent smelt like home. it felt like him. the feeling of being safe and wrapped up in his arms, watching movies, cooking, walking together. all of it.

you sobbed and choked as you clung onto the duck for practically dear life. he had a name and everything. you thought back to the night you came home from coney island, debating what to name the stuffed plush duck.

* FLASHBACK *

"we are not naming our duck teddy. it's a duck, not a bear, y/n!" eagen says, laughing as he walked through the front door with you, hanging his coat up on the hangar.

"fine." you grumbled, beginning to think of another name to call the orange and white plushie. "what about james?" you asked, holding up the animal. he looked like a james.

he walked over, inspecting the stuffed animal to see if the name you'd decided on was a proper fit. you saw him give a slight nod of his head, putting the duck back in your arms.

"i can do james." he replied, smiling and pressing a kiss to your head. james the duck. he was yours now, a family of three.

* END OF FLASHBACK *

the duck was long worn out now, his legs and head floppy from his lack of stuffing. his fabric was slightly stretched out, and one of his eyes was replaced by a button.

none of that mattered to you. it was the memories that counted. the feelings attached. the longing and desperation you had just for him to be back with you, laying down next to you, stroking your hair softly and whispering about all sorts of stories.

as sadness and anxiety swept it's way through your body, there was only one thought on your mind in that moment.

'god damn it, eagen tehrani, what if i never get over you?'