𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 || 𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

backstory context: right before this story is taking place, cal runs off to find zeke in the mountains, and you find zeke in the cabin.

you were currently upstate new york, the grounds covered in snow and frost, icicles dangling from rooftops. you had just found your nephew cal, who had mysteriously ran off. your brother and sister-in-law were on the floor huddled around him, checking to make sure he wasn't hurt.

"cal! where have you been? why did you leave like that?" grace, your sister in law, scolds at her son.

"i'm supposed to be here! we can't leave yet!" cal yells, burying his head in his hands.

seconds later, the door shoots open. a man in a red jacket, covered in snow and frost, walks in, and faints on the ground.

cal gets up and runs over. you put a hand in front of him stopping him before he gets to man, incase it wasn't safe.

you lean down towards the man, pulling him up to sit up. your brother, ben, runs to grab a blanket and grace heats up the fire place in the abandoned cabin that cal was hiding out in.

after a few minutes, the man regains consciousness, and heats up a bit, the frost melting off his skin.

you lean over, "i'm (y/n), (y/n) stone." you reach out with your hand. he shakes it gently, lacking energy in him. "i'm zeke" he replies, his weak voice cracking.

"why are you up here? it's barely 5 degrees outside." you ask him.

"well, i was hiking, and there was a blizzard. i fell into this sort of, cave? i was burning anything and everything i had trying to stay warm. then the snow packed in." he replies.

"but you, you were on that plane. you died. how is it possible you're here?" he asks, confusion in his voice. lots of people had recognized you in the news, it was nothing new.

"zeke, about how long have you been out here?" ben asks him, his hands crossed in his lap.

"about two weeks. i left at the beginning of december." zeke replies.

"what year?" you ask, frantic. this couldn't be happening, not again.

"what do you mean? this year." he replies, this time heavily confused.

ben scrambles for the magazine that zeke had brought, with all of the 828 passangers pictures in it, where he recognized us from. i see the date in the corner. december 2017.

"zeke, what year?" i repeat, more nervous.

"2017." he replies, baffled by the situation unfolding in front of him.

"it's december of 2018. you went on your hike one year ago, zeke." you say, standing up, running your hands through your hair, pacing back and forth in the cabin.

"what? that's impossible. it's been two weeks!" he says, sitting up more, still anxiously playing with his hands.

*a year later*

that was where your story began. it's been a year now, and you and zeke had been dating for a few months now. it was a saturday night in your apartment kitchen, and zeke was standing behind you, hands around your waist, showing you how to cook the recipes he used to make with his mom.

"now add a little bit of salt." he whisper-talks close to your ear. you shake some salt into the pot, and zeke plants a kiss on your jawline beneath your ear. you turn down the heat on the stove, and turn around, pulling him against you towards the counter.

"what's this for?" he says smirking at you, placing his two hands next to you against the counter.

"thank you." you say to him. he furrows his brow, confused. "what exactly are you thanking me for?" he chuckles.

"thank you for entering my life. i don't know where i'd be or what i'd be doing without you right now. everyone's been so much happier after you've been here, you've made me so much happier. cal and olive adore you, you're the uncle they've always wanted. ben and grace consider you part of the family, well you are family now, you're stuck with us." you say sweetly.

"you shouldn't be thanking me, i should be thanking you. your family has been the most most amazing people to me since i got here, i love cal and olive like my own niece and nephew. ben and grace are amazing, everyone has treated me so well, more than i can ever ask for. you've helped me overcome my addiction. that's changed my life. i'm so much happier now that you're apart of my life and i can't ever imagine loosing you now" zeke says, whispering the last part of the sentence.

"i didn't know what i was missing until i met you." you whisper, inches from his lips. he pulls you in, one hand on the back of your neck, and one resting on your lower back, deepening the kiss.

"i love you." he whispers. you run a hand up his back towards his neck, as he lifts you up onto the counter, still kissing you. "i love you too." you whisper into his ear, as his lips trail down your neck.