𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

cal sobbed on the floor of the compound. why couldn't he figure out these callings? why wasn't it as easy as it used to be? he was physically exhausted, practically on the brink of passing out at any moment. the eye-bags under his eyes were getting darker everyday.

you heard crying down the hallways, not sure who the tears were coming from. you walked down and gave a light knock on the door, before entering. to your suprise, you find your boyfriend sitting on the floor, salty tears streaming down his cheeks.

"cal, what's wrong? what happened?" you rush over, kneeling on your knees in front of him. he has his head placed between his knees as his body shakes. you pull his head up and hold it in your hands, using your thumbs to wipe away any running tears on his cheeks.

"the callings- they're too much. i can't- what if i don't figure them out in time?" his eyes were filled with a look of fear, as well as disappointment in himself.

whenever he was nervous, his eyes would dance around the room, taking in his surroundings. it would put him at a little more ease, understanding where he was, instead of primarily focusing on the task at hand, what was making him nervous.

you knew when he was nervous, it was a trait you'd both picked up on for one another. he knew your anxious tells, and you knew his. you looked into eyes softly, he knew the look. he knew that you knew he was nervous.

he opens his arm for a hug. he was never huge on hugging, at least not until he met you. he loved your hugs. you crawled into his arms, your back against his chest as he held you.

"cal, the weight of the world is on your shoulders. no 20 year old should ever have to handle that. especially not on your own." you say, rubbing a thumb against him palm.

"i want to make it to the other side. i know we all do, but, i want a future with you. i want it all. anything you want, i want. wherever you go, i go." he says, placing a soft kiss on your neck. you could feel tears hit your neck as he placed it.

"me too. more than anything, but you also need to rest. i know that whatever happens, is what was meant to happen. i pray to god that we make it to the other side together, and we get our happily ever after. in the meantime, you're the only thing i need." you say softly, hoping to reassure your distressed boyfriend.

"you're right. me too." he says. you could hear the smile on his lips without even needing to look at him. his warm hand reached for your chin, pulling you in for a sweet, desperate kiss. you kissed him back, full of love and longing. it was times like these he really realized how much you meant to him.

"you mean so much to me. i need you to know that, no matter what happens. you're my favorite person, y/n. don't ever forget that." he says, reaching in for another kiss.

"you're my favorite person too, cal stone. by a long shot." you say sweetly, pressing your lips against his once more.