𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 || 𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳

you were supposed to be gone a week. you sent your fiancé all the beautiful photos of the white sand beaches, the cocktails with micheala, you playing in the water with the kids. you were have the time of your life in jamaica.

Y/N : i never want to come home !! we have to come here together someday :)

JARED : i'll look into taking everyone back in december, how's that sound?

Y/N : it sounds perfect.

you'd never forgot typing those words. "i never want to come home." you and ben joke to this day that the single message you sent jinxed everything that happened to you.

you couldn't wait to come home and tell jared about everything in jamaica. it was the family trip of a lifetime, and you were already ready to plan your next trip back.

that was what was supposed to happen. everything was going just as planned, until it didn't.

"I'm sorry to inform you all, but your flight has been oversold. Any passengers willing to take a later flight will be compensated 400$, as well as their flight on us. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

after the announcement finished, your family looked at one another. ben was the first to speak up. "that's our next trip down to the mayo clinic." cal jumped at the thought of being able to spend some extra time with his dad. "i'll go too!"

you and micheala shared a look. "why not?" you asked, standing up and grabbing your luggage. micheala shrugged her shoulders and followed after you, the four of you waving goodbyes to your family. you'd see them in a few hours anyway, right?

as you boarded, you looked around and took in some of the different passengers. you and micheala had always made a hobby of people-watching when you were together.

you spotted a man in a tan jacket, with dark curly hair and facial hair. he was sitting with one leg up in his chair as he scribbled in a crossword book. another man passed, talking with a red-headed girl about what sounded to be religion.

"great, already a bunch of crazy religion talk on the flight." you joke, elbowing micheala in the side. she playfully rolled her eyes as she loaded her luggage into the overhead compartments.

you didn't know it then, but that so called 'crazy religion talk' would be some of the talk that would threaten your life years later.

as the flight prepared for take-off, you shut on the button labeled 'airplane mode' and shoved your phone into your back pocket, pulling an eye-mask down over your eyes.

you drifted off to sleep, not waking up until you started hearing bolts of thunder and lighting, and the entire plane was shaking as if there were an earthquake in the middle of the sky.

"what the fuck?" you mumble, pulling the eye-mask off. you looked over to see ben, micheala, and cal all with the same terrified expression written upon their faces as they gripped the arm rests for dear life.

seconds later, the plane came to a calm. almost as if the turbulence hadn't happened at all. you looked around the cabin, making sure this wasn't just some crazy dream.

a few passengers had even started crying. what a rough night for those scared of flying, you thought. it was definitely not a dream.

"that was one hell of turbulence." micheala mumbles, pulling her legs up onto the seat and resting her head on her knees.

"like you could even call it that." you hear a man chuckle behind you. you had to give it to him, that wasn't even close to what you would describe turbulence.