𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 || 𝐛𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

tommorow morning was june 2nd, 2024. the day you know to be the end of your life. the end of your friends lives. possibly the lives of the entire world.

you lay next to ben in his tent, watching him as him and eden slept soundly. you'd had a rocky relationship past with him. both of you had undeniable feelings, but also baggage from previous relationships.

with flight 828, it was never the right time. calling's this, calling's that. he was always out to figure out a calling, finding him daughter, saving the entire world. he couldn't catch a break, not even to talk about what you two were.

occasionally, the two of you shared a simple kiss. neither of you knew what the kisses meant, platonic, romantic, in between? god only knew.

you let out a deep breath, trying to roll over onto your side to get some sleep. after a few seconds, you feel a warm hand on your shoulder. "y/n" ben whispers quietly, trying not to wake eden.

"yes?" you turn back over and reply. you can't help but smile at him, it happens everytime. even if the world might be ending tommorow, you'd always smile when you look at him.

he hesitated for a moment, before he decided he was going to say it.

"i love you." he was smiling too. "i don't want any more of the confusion between us. i want you. i'm in love with you, i have been. i've denied it to myself, saying it was too soon because of grace. but it doesn't matter, because you're the right person for me. you have been all along, i just didn't see it."

you let out a soft gasp, but not in shock. you gasp in happiness, like the kind of gasp when you see a cute dog in the street, or the perfect dress when shopping.

"ben, i love you too. more than anything, or anyone." you scooted closer to him, sharing his blanket now instead of your own. you pulled him in by the back of his neck, pressing a warm, passionate kiss to his lips.

he tasted like mints, the small peppermint's he was constantly popping into his mouth. you rolled ontop of him, pulling him closer. this kiss felt different. this time, you knew what the two of you were. it was serious this time. it wasn't platonic, you weren't a distraction or a rebound. you were his, and only his.

he pulls away, and he had a look on his face. a look you knew all too well. he was thinking about the future, what lied ahead, what was in store for the two of you, the passengers, the entire world.

"y/n, no matter what happens tommorow, it's us right, we have eachother?" he asks, his hands resting on your lower back.

"it's us, ben. forever and always." you say, giving him his favorite smile, the one that always made his heart beat a little bit faster, the one that could light up an entire room.

"forever and always." he repeats, before leaning into your neck, placing soft kisses.