𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐲 || 𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

to everyone else, they were pretty flashes of color booming over the dark night sky. to you, they were loud, scary, unpleasant noises. it was like this every fourth of july, practically flinching at every boom, walking around with your hands over your ears, the whole ordeal.

cal's favorite holiday was always the fourth of july, and this year was no different. him and ben went all out with the fireworks, practically buying  the entire display. you were anxious even at the thought of setting them off.

earlier in the day was good, zeke grilled in the back on beverley's lawn, everyone playing uno around the firepit.

"micheala! stop peeking at my cards!" ben said, laughing around the firepit. everyone at that point knew to hide their cards from her, she loved to cheat in these games.

olive was sticking a melted marshmallow in cal's face as he attempted to turn away from it, falling out of his chair instead. you loved holiday's with the stones, it was always a load of fun and took the stress off of everyone's shoulders.

you were having a good time until the first pop's off the night began to fire. you immeadiately cling onto zeke's arm, covering your ears with the other hand. "you're okay, i've got you." zeke whispered, pulling you into his lap and wrapping arms around you.

you sunk into his arms, covering your ears while still trying to watch the pretty flashes of color in the sky.

zeke didn't let go of you once the entire night, and you knew you were safe in his arms. he reassured you everytime you flinched at a firework, or one was too close for your liking.

whispers of 'you're okay', and 'i'm right here' to you the entire night. he was finally the one person who was able to make it an enjoyable holiday for you.

authors note : i know this is short, but i really wanted a fourth themed fic :) i'm terrified of fireworks so this one hit close, i hope you guys had a great independence day if you celebrate !!