𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 || 𝐛𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

"no, no! ben, they can't do this! we're going to starve!" you said, looking at the person you've spent the last several months of your life with, trapped inside this hellhole of a detention center. you banged as hard as you could against the cold metal fences, praying one of the guards would have sympathy.

you felt warm arms wrap around you, in an attempt you calm you. "y/n, don't worry. it's all going to be okay." he calmly reassured, rubbing an arm up and down your back.

* eight month time skip *

ben couldn't have been more right and wrong at the same time. the place was booming. beautiful herb and food gardens, all the passengers had come together, working on callings around the clock. what most people didn't know, was you were quickly running out of food, making the last you had stretch.

saanvi was working her ass off in the labs, trying to find a cure to this death date. one day, you'd had enough, the stress was eating you alive.

you found a closet that no one usually checked, and sat on the floor. all you could do was cry. you had no idea what else to do. you had a month left
until your death date, what then? what about the lifeboat? the passengers? the entire world was at stake here.

eventually, someone opened the closet door, the light hitting you. "y/n, thank god. i've been looking for you everywhere. what happened?" ben asks, looking down at you, nervousness filling his eyes.

"i- i cant do it anymore ben. i'm not ready to die. i still have my life ahead of me. i want to get married, fall hopelessly in love. buy a beautiful house in queens. i don't even know if i have any say in my own fate." you sobbed, standing up and wrapping your arms around the man.

he held you tight in his arms, pressing a kiss to your forehead. "i promise you, i'm not going to let that happen. i love you too much for that." he says.

"you what?" you pull your head back to look at him in the eyes, your arms still wrapped around him. "i love you too much for that. you heard me." he says, giving you a slight smile.

"i love you too ben." you press your forehead against him, sighing. "we're going to make this work. we're going to figure this out." you say, not fully sure you even believe yourself.

"i know. i'm sure of it." ben says, pressing a quick kiss to the tip of your nose.

*time skip to one day before the death date*

you'd been on edge the past week now, anxiously awaiting what could possibly be the last day of your life, the last day of the world as we knew it.

thankfully, you had ben by your side. sneaking into your room every night, not wanting the other passengers to see. assuring you that everything was going to be okay, that as soon as you made it to the other side, together, he'd give you everything you'd dreamed of.

falling hopelessly in love, regardless of the circumstances. the beautiful house in queens, perfect for eden to grow up in. the beautiful wedding, on a city rooftop, overlooking the place your family and friends called home.

he promised you all of it, and it gave you hope. the hope you needed to make it to the other side, the rest of your beautiful lifetime.

together.