𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 || 𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

the past few months, cal's cancer had only progressed. no one truly knew how much longer he had left, and we didn't want to. we wanted to make the most out of everyday he had left, but at the same time, he was living in pain and misery.

no one wanted to leave him at home while searching for any answers you could possibly scrounge up, but it was the only way if we wanted any chance at saving him.

as you were out with ben, searching for more clues on the sapphire and how it all connects back to the mystery of flight 828, following the devil of a redhead you all know as angelina when your phone starts to ring.

Zeke is calling...

"hey babe, is everything okay? is it cal?" you speak into the phone.

"no, no it's me." zeke replies.

"can it wait till i get home?" you ask him.

"love, i won't be here when you get home." your husband replies softly.

"zeke, you're scaring me. what are you doing?" you say, anxiousness growing in your tone.

"don't be scared. i'm not. all because of you. you've changed my life y/n. you made every second of it worth living. i wouldn't be where i am or the person that i am today without you, i'm so grateful. i want you to know that i love you with every ounce of my being."

"zeke, what's happening? why are you telling me this?" you reply, grabbing the keys out of your purse, ready to run home to him.

"i was given a second chance at life y/n, and i made the most of it, i found out why i was given that chance and my purpose. it was you, you were the reason i was given that second chance. you let me know what it meant to be truly alive, and i knew that we were always meant to be together. i finally get to make up for all the pain and the hurt that i've caused."

"zeke, whatever you're about to do, please, you don't have to. please don't do this." you start to sob through the speakers of your phone, grabbing your brother and shakily attempting to turn your car on.

"please wait till i get home. please, zeke, please i'm begging you." you cry as the tears continue to flow down your face, into your lap.

"i wish i could. i love you y/n." he replies faintly.

"zeke! stop, please! please, don't do this! zeke please." your entire body was shaking as sobs erupted through you. you were barely able to make the words form.

the line cuts out.

"ben! we have to go home, now!" you scream at your brother, still looking for the missing devious redhead.

the two of you rush home, speeding and breaking every traffic rule.

you arrive home to your husband of three years, on his last breath on the wooden floors. his breath was faint as he lied against cal's hospice bed.

"zeke! please! please wake up, i can't do this without you!" you sobbed and pleaded, holding your husband's cold hand in your own.

ben was standing up, checking cal, also unconscious. "cal, buddy, please be okay, are you okay?"

"y/n, i love you so much. thank you for everything." zeke says gently, as he lets out his final breath, his body going limp.

"god no please!" you sobbed, holding his lifeless body in your arms.

cal's body shocked awake, to your brothers relief. all as you were sobbing on the floor, now a widow to your deceased husband.