𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 || 𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳

as a teenager, you constantly wondered what the man you would eventually fall head over heels in love with would be like one day.

what would he look like? sound like? what would his job be? is he patient? kind? is he all the things your mom always told you to look for in a man?

none of those daydreams could've ever prepared you for what falling in love with your soulmate would be like. the one and only jared vasquez.

the perfect detective, solving crimes in mere days. a family guy, of course. he loved his nieces and nephews and dreamed of having kids of his own someday. an amazing personality, a great sense of humor, wit, and a great moral compass.

somehow, unbeknownst to you, he was love-struck over you too. you don't think you'd ever be able to wrap your mind around it as to why.

you'd wake up to breakfast and coffee waiting for you in the kitchen, his t-shirt hanging loosely from your shoulders. a good-morning kiss every time. 'i love you's' before leaving for work. the morning routine you dreamt of every night before falling asleep as a little girl.

he would jump in front of a bullet, a train, a car, any of it for you, time and time again. he took you to your favorite restraunts, always reminded you how beautiful you were, memorized your orders to countless places. it was everything you'd ever dreamed of.

the day he got down on one knee was truly one of the happiest days of your life.

tears of happiness fell from your eyes as you look at the beautiful, princess cut diamond ring, sitting upon a velvet box in the hands of the love of your life. your favorite song was playing as your family came out from the bushes all around.

it was the easiest descion you've ever made. of course you would marry him. there's no one else in the world you'd rather marry.

your family was estatic. they loved jared. he loved your nieces and nephews. he chased them around, even played hide and seek with them.

"congratulations, (y/n). we couldn't be more happy for you." your sister-in-law grace said sweetly, bringing you into one of her motherly hugs.

"can i be the flower girl?" your little niece olive immeadiately runs over to ask, looking up at you with the beautiful eyes she'd inherited from your brother.

your family wanted nothing but unconditional love and happiness for you, and even taking one glance at the way jared looked at you, you could tell he would provide that everyday for you.

until death do you part.

he truly was one of the good ones.