𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐭 : 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

authors note : in this au, y/n works at a coffee shop and that's how they meet each of the love interests <3 i hope you guys enjoy !

MICHEALA:

- she walks in between NYPD calls and immeadiately catches your eye.
- she walked up to the counter, a smile on her face. she already knew what she wanted to order, it was always the same
- "can i get a medium iced blonde vanilla latte, please?" she said, digging her card out of her back pocket. you wave her off smiling.
- "it's on me. i appreciate you guys." you say, gesturing to the badge on her waist. she smiled and pulled out a 5 dollar bill instead, dropping it in the tip.
- "thanks, that's really sweet of you. i appreciate it... y/n." she finishes, looking at the name tag pinned to your barista apron.
- "anytime..." you replied, holding it out as you waited for her name.
- "micheala." she replied, reaching out a hand and shaking yours.
- everyday for the next two weeks, micheala came in between calls, building up the courage to finally ask you out.
- "after all this, i feel like i should take you out for a coffee." micheala laughs as you pass her the latte. you smirk, seeing what she's hinting at.
- "are you asking me on a date micheala stone?" you ask, leaning forward on your elbows onto the counter.
- "i guess i am." she replies, taking a sip of her coffee. you grab a blank napkin and scribble your number onto it with the sharpie in your pocket.
- "call me." you say, sliding her the napkin before walking to the back of the shop.

BEN :

- you saw a handsome man walk into the shop, looking at the menu for a few solid minutes before he orders.
- he walks up with a smile
- "can i order uh, a large hot coffee?" he asks.
- "any cream, sugar? black coffee?" he really have no description to the coffee, you thought.
- "yeah, cream and sugar please. black coffee's good." he replies, pulling out the cash to hand to you.
- "lost in thought?" you ask, more of a joke than anything as he seemed sort of out of is as he ordered his drink. he chuckled, giving you a light nod.
- "yeah, you could say that." you hadn't even recognized him from the news. he was one of the passengers aboard 828. unbeknownst to you, he's had his head wrapped around one of the callings he'd recieved all day.
- "well, i'm here if you need someone to talk to." you reply, handing him his change. you didn't know why you even offered that, if it were any other customer, you probably would've told them to have a good day. you had a gut feeling to tell him those words for some reason.
- "thanks, i appreciate it." he replies, walking out of the store and sipping his coffee.
- you truly believed you wouldn't see him again, but the next day he came back and ordered the same thing, this time asking you a few questions about yourself.
- this went on for weeks, before he finally decided to ask you out on a real date.

JARED :

- he waltzed in, still in uniform. he took a glance at the menu, but once he spotted that you were his barista, he walked right up to the counter.
- "hi, how are you today?" you asked, smiling.
- "i'm pretty good, how about you?" jared replies, putting his two hands in the front pockets of his jeans.
- "i'm good! what can i get you today?" you reply, ready to type his order into the system.
- "uh- what would you reccomend?" he asks, taking another glance up at the menu above you.
- "my favorites the vanilla sweet cream cold brew." you reply happily. you couldn't lie, the guy was really attractive.
- "i'll have two of those please." he says, pulling out his wallet and handing you a twenty.
- "got a partner in the car?" you joke with him, putting the cash into the register and handing him the change. he drops the change right into the tip jar in front of you.
- "no, one's for you." he replied, smirking. "when's your break?" he asked.
- he waited 15 minutes for you to get off break, sipping coffee in the corner of the shop with you and getting to know you as the two of you talked.
- this routine went on for about a week before he asked you out to dinner, deciding you deserved somewhere a bit nicer than a brooklyn coffee shop.